Sunday, December 12, 2004

My parents finally see my show!!!
On Friday night, my parents finally came to see the Assistant Director's Cut. Unfortunately for them, they should have come last week... when everything was going well. The response we got this week was like the luke-warm response we've been getting every other week. My wonderfully supportive parents say that it's because The Assistant Director's Cut isn't very funny. Wow... thanks for the huge pat on the back, mom and dad. They then went on to say that they "loved everything I did" but that the show just "wasn't all that funny." So, there you go; from a completely unbiased source: The show isn't funny and I am brilliant.
After the show, we went to their hotel, so that they could put all their loot somewhere, and then we ate at a Steak and Shake. Oh, there's nothing quite like spending quality time at the Steak and Shake. At least this must have been the thought of an entire high school... as the S&S was flooded with high schoolers (they're up to my knees! [gross!]). I was trying to completely ignore them... but it seemed as though my mom and dad were fascinated... like they were watching wildlife in the zoo. It took my mom saying "Look. That girl is wearing a thong" before I forced them to stop looking and focus in on the conversation I was trying to have. *sigh* Parents! Can't take them anywhere!

On Saturday morning, they drove me to an IHOP to have breakfast and then we went about buying me groceries. As weird as my parents are... they will always want to make sure I: 1) have enough food; 2) have a working vehicle; and 3) am sleeping enough. And, according to them, I never have enough food and am never getting enough sleep. *shakes head* Parents! Can't live without 'em!

Job huntin': I know that I keep saying that I'm not really "looking" for a job until January, but I'm still checking the classifieds in the Reader every week. I HAD to share this one with you, check it out: "HOUSEPERSON/ COOK. LAKE Forest. Executive couple searching for a high-level houseperson/ cook for our Lake Forest home. Ideal candidate will be a hands-on manager with above average cooking skills and will assist with housekeeping, driving and errands. Full-time position with excellent salary and health insurance benefits. Please fax or e-mail your resume to Mrs Meyer..." Um... basically they're looking for a house-husband/wife. They're looking for a third-wheel for their marriage, who can do EVERYTHING that they're supposed to be doing. How weird is that? When they both get home from work, do they both yell "Honey, I'm home!"? If this is what America is coming to, maybe it's about time we really took a look at the way our society is going. If a couple has to "marry" someone else, just to get the groceries bought, and the laundry and cooking done.

Let me touch on this real quick. If you haven't seen it yet, I hope you do... "it" refers to the Rappin' Snowman... a new McDonald's commercial. Wow... I didn't think I could hate McDonald's commercials more than I did before, but I was wrong. This is perhaps the lamest commercial in the history of the world. I tried to look away from it when it came on, lest I melt... so I don't remember it very well. But just look for it. Then look away quickly.
And I'll touch on this, too: Leinart wins the Heisman! Can't say I'm surprised. My mom actually asked me who I thought would win it, and I said Leinart. White already got one, so it wasn't going to be him... Peterson's too young, he'll have his chance next year... Bush is probably the best player in the nation, but, for some reason, it seemed like all the journalists agreed that he was the best all-around player in the nation, but wasn't going to win the Heisman. Leinart's okay. I don't like him, but I don't necessarily hate him. Whatever! to the whole thing!
And, with Charlie Weiss agreeing to become Notre Dame's new head football coach, does that mean we'll soon see the downfall of the Patriots? I can hope. Stupid Patriots!

Finally tonight, I wanted to end with a little more good news. I recently got an email from (soon to be) Staff Sergeant Kenneth J. Huhtala. He's going to be back in the states soon, he said... but he's not going to come visit like we were planning. So, even though I know he'll be 'safe' again soon... I'm not going to be able to see him. Honestly, I miss the piss out of that bastard. I don't think there's a day that's passed since he left when I don't think about him... wishing he was here and that we could hang out: Movies to see, Video games to play, Women to mercilessly hit on... there's so much for us to do. I just think it sucks that I'm not going to get a chance to see him until February 2005. I've been waiting to see that short bastard son-of-a-bitch since, well, since he left in October. That's a long time. I guess another whole month won't kill me... I just, i just really miss him. I'm going to bed... goodnight.

No comments: