Friday, December 31, 2004

Last day of 2004
Well, today is obviously the last day of 2004. I am going to have something "special" for all my beloved readers next month. Not only will I have the top ten best and worst of 2004 (a list much like I had last year), but I'm going to have a list of my top ten favorite posts from 2004. These posts have nothing (necessarily) to do with the best and worst events of the previous year... but has everything to do with my fabulous writing creativity and world-renown modesty. Whoops... I guess just that first part. But, regardless, I think it's worth pointing out the posts that I really took a lot of time on, or spent a lot of mental energy to write. The blog has really become a large part of my life, and I would be remiss if I didn't praise at least some of it. Besides, I've got a great plan: I'm going to post one Best/Worst/Creative Post per day for the entire month of January. It seems that I've learned something about keeping a blog audience interested, in my old age. Hooray for me! So every single day of January (I've got one honorable mention, so it works out to be 31) I'll post something memorable from 2004.
I would also be remiss if I didn't mention my New Year's Resolutions from earlier this year, and comment a bit on them. Last New Year's I resolved to: 1.) Move on, even blindly move on if I have to. I think I did that this year. The good news is that I've focused myself on Chicago and what I can do here... seemingly completely immersing myself in The Second City and my "job." The bad news is that I've kind of left some people behind. That's what happens when you move blindly forward, you leave stuff behind you, even if it something or someone important to you. I'll have to correct that this year. We'll see.
And 2.) Stop calling myself fat. I really have this year, and I even did something about it this year, what with my gym membership and all. It's not even really an issue to me... because I've got friends here who are "heavier" than I am. I've always been the largest one of my friends... both in BR and in Albion. It's odd how one's perspective changes when going from being the only one, to being normal. Or something. What I mean is that I'm no longer the outlier on the weight graph of my friends. Gooooo math!

In the "has nothing to do with anything" category, today I received two games from GameFly: Star Wars--Knights of the Old Republic 2--The Sith Lords, and Def Jam Fight for New York. I keep hearing how good KOTOR 2 is from Ken... and I really enjoyed KOTOR 1. RPGs are something "new" I got into in 2004, so they don't remind me of anything except for where I am now. Apparently following the "going blindly forward" theme. But I look forward to having a hundred thousand free hours to waste sitting in front of my TV playing that game. Speaking of which, Def Jam Fight for NY is awesome. It's a completely simple game... but show me a person who wouldn't love to take Snoop Dogg and have him kick Fat Joe in the face! Is there anyone out there who wouldn't do that? Or match up Flava Flav and Busta Rhymes... as old school meets new skool? Or watch Lil Kim bitch slap Carmen Electra... to see just who can be the sluttiest of them all? Beyond all that--and this is going to sound stupid--the story in the story mode is interesting enough for me to keep playing and playing, just to see what happens. My character (whose monicker is "Crazy") has big sideburns, a wussy white-guy voice, and Celtic tattoos all over the place. He's totally cool... Just.Like.Me.
Hope 2004 treated you well, because here comes 2005. Ready or not...

No comments: