Thursday, December 16, 2004

The weird dreams just keep on coming!
So I was awoken this morning by a phone call which ended a particularly interesting and fantastically stupid dream. In this dream, I was conspiring with a group of, well I guess you could call us the 'bad guys', to steal some things from a school. This was not any school I've ever attended, but in the dream I was working there as some kind of secretary/temp in the school's main office. And it was because I worked there that I was able to get my group of co-conspirators access to the office and everything within. I remember thinking that there wasn't anyone else around, while we stole files, a projection unit, and something out of a safe... I think. I'm not sure about the safe. That wasn't my job... I was dealing with all the files. I remember feeling like we had accomplished our mission, and they left me there to tighten up the loose ends... say I had nothing to do with the robbery, and quit citing the unsafe work environment. So as they left, the regular office staff came in, and I went about moving around some of my own files and making everything seem like I hadn't just robbed the place. For some reason, one of my co-conspirators took an old secretary woman silently hostage. I didn't know why, but I remember thinking that I should have been more in charge, so a breakdown like this wouldn't have happened. He told her to go back into the office and not act like anything was different, you know, so that he could get away. But, as she entered the office, she ran into her sister... who was a teacher at the school. She was standing right next to the door (and my desk was facing the wall, right next to the door,), so I could everything they were saying. She told her sister that there was a man with a gun just outside the door. And then she counted: One... Two... THREE! But, thankfully for me, this just meant "get down"! I thought about interfering, and making sure she couldn't call the police, but I figured my cover would be blown. So, as I'm following everyone else onto the floor, I notice across the office Mr. John Sellers. And I remember thinking "Huh, John Sellers" as I was bending down to lie on the floor. And... as I got to the floor...! the phone rang. I have no idea what happened after that. It seems like they would have gotten away with all the staff lying on the floor, and no one calling the police. But who knows? If my co-conspirators were stupid enough to try to take someone hostage, who knows if they were smart enough to get away.
And that's my story.

No comments: