Monday, January 31, 2005

And The Winner, Of "The Best Thing That Happened To Me In 2004" Is...
Hey! A funny song goes here. The animation is great. And the fact that the singer is a bunny makes this even more hilarious... and it's a great song that seems a lot like something Keith would write.

From the "that could have come out of my mouth" file: "I tend to stay up late, not because I'm partying but because it's the only time of day when I'm alone and I don't have to be on, performing." - Jim Carrey. Wow. Maybe Mr. Carrey and I have more in common than I thought. I would really like to get the chance to meet him, talk to him, see how he copes with things. It's said that he, as a child, used to wear tap shoes to bed... just in case he felt like his parents needed cheering up in the middle of the night. Fascinating.

Today I went to get my headshot enlarged, cropped, and bordered back at Wolf Camera (where I got the pictures developed). Why does everything have to be so complicated? To me, a camera store should be able to do all of the above tasks to a photo without it being a huge pain in the ass... but I guess I was wrong. The guy took my picture over to a scanner (the very same scanner I own, mind you) and scanned it, blew it up, and told me that the machine would automatically print a border on it. When (five minutes later) I got the print back, it looked terrible... the quality was terrible, it wasn't centered, there was obviously some kind of filth on the scanner glass... it looked terrible! And I had to pay $8 for that piece of shit! I then asked the guy if they sold a glossy printer paper... which they did (for another $8). So I ended up spending $16 at this stupid store and I'm still going to have to do it myself. If you want something done right...
After that whole incident, I walked up to the Second City because I wanted to get my haircut. The Supercuts I always go to is about half a block away from the Second City(I wasn't going to the improv place to get my haircut, people). It's where I go... leave me alone. Anyway, when I got up to the building, it was boarded up: no more Supercuts! There were signs saying "For Rent" in the window! Stupid life! Now I've got to figure out a different place to go to get my haircut. There's a "Hair Cuttery" another block or so away from where the Supercuts was... but, son of a bitch... I'm a creature of habit. Switching things up on me makes me uncomfortable and cranky! I'm cranky!!!

Until Sweet Pumpkin Pie rehearsal, that is. Writing five rehearsal went well... but I felt like a huge douche because we did some scenes (that we hadn't even blocked yet!!! I mean, come on!) and most of the rest of the cast was off book. So I had to do a scene with Chris... it was just the two of us, and he was off book, and it seemed like I hadn't even looked at that script in a long time (which I haven't). I now have one week to memorize the whole show before we're supposed to be off book.

CrazyJohn on Spam Emails--Who sits there, checking their email and says: "'Fist action'? Sign me up!" Yeah... I actually got one that was titled "fist action" today! I'll admit I can occasionally be into some weird stuff (not really) but fisting makes me want to vomit into a bowl, microwave that bowl, and eat the aforementioned vomit bowl with some Parmesan cheese and a little parsley. Who creates new business with these spam emails? Why do we (normal folk) get them? I can't, for the life of me, understand why they exist... is anyone making money off this, or is someone just trying to piss everyone in the world off?

#1 BEST OF 2004 - WINTER BREAK! Yes, the holiday break near the end of the year just barely beat out my trip to Vegas... but it DID, in fact, beat it out. My winter break this year was AMAZING! I saw Susan and Adam for the first time since 1994ever ago. And I had the best dinner with them and Adam's parents... and then I got to spend some major road time with Ken (and beat Halo 2 [Finally!]). We saw some lovely ladies in Saginaw for the first time in forever. I saw Jason again for the first time ever. (Are you getting the theme?) Nate and Allison and Rhea and Jean and Rhea (whichever way you want me to say it... you're both retarded) and Katie and MY WHOLE FAMILY together and... man... it blew me away. It was just, well, exactly what I needed. I felt reconnected for the first time in a while. Even when the ball dropped in New York, I was on the phone with Mr. John Sellers. Reconnection... mmm... here's to a phenomenal 2005!

No comments: