Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Go Cubs!
Here's a really weird dream I had this morning: Okay, so this weird dream starts off with my mom and dad taking me and someone else to a Cubs/Cards baseball game in St. Louis. Weird part number 1 is that the other person was, I think, Matt from my Conservatory class. He's from St. Louis, but he was rooting for the Cubs. Doesn't make sense. Then, for some reason, the stadium in St. Louis (which should have been Busch Stadium) had a dome. But that didn't matter because it started raining and the roof leaked on a lot of the people in front of us. And most people were in front of us because we were so far back in the stadium (back and up), that I couldn't see most of the field. Anyway, the Cubs won, but my parents didn't drive me back to Chicago. They just left. And Matt didn't need to go back to Chicago, either... so I was the only one going back to Chicago. And I started walking. I was going to walk to the Metra, which does NOT go as far as St. Louis, oddly enough. But the Metra was going to take me back to Chicago. Shows what I know. Anyway, as I was walking to the Metra, I came up to a row of houses, and I entered the back yard of one of the houses, and proceeded to cut through the house to the other side of the street. Even as I ran into the home-owners, I was very non-chalant about it. As I reached their front door, there was a group of three or four guys at the front door. They were all there to call on the daughter-of-the-house. So, for some reason, instead of leaving, I stuck around to watch a bit. But it was just boring and uncomfortable, so I headed to the front door again. And, at the door waiting to come in was a very hobo-looking Fisher Stevens, who had found a dog (who had also seen better days) and was wondering if it was the dog-of-the-house. Before I could do anything... I was awoken by the screaming kids down the hall, at 7:45 AM. That's just ridiculous! I understand (a bit) that kids are going to be loud because they're kids... but that early in the morning, you have to keep your kids quiet. And I still haven't said anything to them because they don't speak English... and I don't know if they speak English at all. So, one day, I'll learn whatever language they're speaking so that I can yell at them. Good. I'm glad you're all with me on that one.

This morning, Laura called and we had a nice conversation. It was nice to talk to her, if only briefly... and to hear that she's doing well, even though she's getting sick like a big loser. No, honey, you're not a loser. I hope you feel better. :)

Earlier today, Daniel's left a comment on my blog regarding Mockupations. I followed the link he left to his own blog and here is a comment he left about the show: "Then we caught "Mocupations", a skit show put on at the top (read: amateur) floor of Second City. Not only was this show not funny, it may have well been the least funny thing I've ever seen in my life. You know those really bad SNL skits that make you wonder how they ever see the light of day? Imagine that mutlipied by 100, and it still doesn't compare to how bad this show was." Harsh, yes? But, don't sweat it dude. Honestly is always appreciated, and at most times applauded, on this blog. Check his comments here. And, db0x, if you're still reading this, next time you come to Chicago, try Lou Malnati's. The tastiest pizza in town, but don't expect quick service. Ehh! City life.

The rest of the day, horrifically, was just spent playing KOTOR II. Yes... the whole rest of the day. I am the lamest man ever.

#5 Best of 2004 - Euphonics Concert Yes. There is NOTHING quite like feeling like a super-star in a room full of people who don't even know who you are. Plus! getting the reception that I got for just half a song was unreal. Yeah there was more songs, but whatever! I didn't sing them, so I don't care! Ha! It was such a rush to be on stage with that group again. They're amazing singers... and the group has only gotten more musically talented since I left. It was incredible to be on stage singing again, and I only wish it could have been longer. That's, honestly, why this isn't higher on my list. I would have liked to have been on stage for the entire song (that wasn't my call... weird, huh?). Oh well... maybe I'll eventually get to do an entire song with them. When I learn how to sing. Right.

No comments: