Monday, January 03, 2005

Another Writing Five Show
Tonight was the first rehearsal for the Writing Five class, whose show I'm acting for. I met the writers, most of them for the first time. The Stage Manager, Robert, I had seen before. He actually knows Katy, the girl in Mockupations with me. Also, one of the writers, Dan, was in my writing classes, but had to take some time off because his wife was having another kid. Cool, huh? He's not a very outgoing person, but he's still really nice, and I like a couple of his scenes we read through in class together. And then I met the case... and this is how I know most of the cast:
Chris and I auditioned for the writing five show I made it into over the summer. Why do I remember him? He, this dude named John (who I know a whole lot better now), and I all were in a three-person improv scene, and then we read a script together. So I totally remember him. And he might remember me too. I was wearing a Notre Dame sweatshirt and he asked if I went there. I, obviously, didn't... but he did. And he wondered if we had seen each other before. I just put it together that he might've mistakenly remembered the audition. Huh.
Jennifer was in the United Flakes of America show with Amy. Remember that this was arguably the worst writing five show I've ever seen? Yeah... well I said then that Amy and one other actor did the best they could. It might have been Jennifer. I'm not sure. She's definitely "big" whenever she's on stage. It might be interesting to try to keep her in check during the performances. We'll see.
Rachel, oddly enough, auditioned for MY writing five show. I knew I had seen her before when I saw her tonight. It took me finding out her name and looking to my notes from our audition... but, yeah, I remember her auditioning. It will be interesting to see if she remembers me from that audition ever. I hope she doesn't hold it against me. We'll see about that, too.
Then there's Kim and Brian. I'll call them the "attractive" actors. Brian has kind of a very classic leading man look... and I assume that's how he'll be cast in this show. Kim is blonde and cute and doesn't seem to have many parts in this show. *shrug* Women always get screwed on parts in Writing Five shows. Sorry ladies... for some reason, even when there are a lot of female writers, the women never get many good parts.

Well, today we have a clear picture of the NFL Playoffs. I went back to my post from September 12th to see how close I got. It's not pretty. Yes, I got New England and Philly getting a bye week correct... but who would've envisioned a rookie leading Pittsburgh to the best record in the league? What was I WAY off on? How about Kansas City? Or Washington? Or Tennessee? Big disappointments, all of those teams. In fact, I only got two teams right in the AFC (NE and Indy)... but those teams still might end up playing each other in the Conference Finals. Although, give me SOME credit, as I got 4 of the 6 teams in the NFC correct. And if Carolina hadn't choked last Sunday, then I would've only gotten one team wrong (Atlanta). I think it was probably easier to know how the playoff picture was going to unfold in the NFC because there are so few teams that could really compete for playoff spots, while there are some really good teams (Baltimore, Buffalo, Jacksonville) in the AFC that are home for the playoffs. Well, crap... I guess it was worth it to put myself on the line like that, but I was really pretty far off. I guess 50% is commendable, and 6 out of 12 is what I got. Good for me?

#10 Worst of 2004 - All the Blog Women Bashing I honestly didn't notice it until Sarah pointed it out (or Amber... or AND Amber), but there was a whole lot of cheap-shots taken at females on this here blog in 2004. The reason for this are two or three-fold. 1.) Women are easy targets? There aren't any women in this room right now, so there's no one to stand up for them. 2.) Maybe I'm an asshole? Y'all women need to keep your sense of humor. Nothing is so sacred as to be above a quick jab to the kidneys... if you catch my meaning. As we get more and more "politically correct," it's important to remember our sense of humor. And, yes, we're all supposed to be nice to women now... but let's not be too correct. 3.) Maybe I'm pissed that I can't get one? Maybe I'm jealous or bitter or something else equally weak and small. Regardless... there was a lot of women bashing that occurred in 2004... something I am in a much better position to change in 2005. Have a nice day, ladies.

No comments: