Tuesday, January 25, 2005

New Developments
A lot of today was spent playing KOTOR II. It's different than the first one, in that, at least on Nar Shaada, you have to rely on the other members of your team a lot. It seems there are more "solo" missions, than the first one. So, unlike the first KOTOR, you can't just rely on having a balanced team where one person is in charge of dealing with computers/security, one person who kicks ass, and one person who can use force powers effectively. This will, in the long run, be better for me I think. The problem I had at the end of the last game was that I had to fight the boss by myself... and had created a character based on having a three-person team. The gameplay in KOTOR II, is forcing me to have a far more balanced team of individuals. It's as if they have been taking to heart the "army of one" Army commercials.
But I didn't just sit around playing KOTOR all day. I went downtown and got my headshots developed today. On my way into the store, a woman in a wheelchair was also trying to get into the store. She pushed the wheelchair button, but was unable to make it through the door in time. So I helped her through. But, what the crap?... why isn't there a little longer delay on those doors? That door sucked... it seemed to close a lot faster than normal "wheelchair accessible" doors, that's all I'm saying. Anyway, so I got my headshots developed and I will eventually post them, asking for an opinion on which one is best. Sound like fun? *sigh* I know I'll have to decide, and that's fine. But you could at least humor me and reply with witty comments on the size of my head or something.

#3 Best of 2004 - Jean's Wedding This one was an obvious choice for the top ten list, but could have been higher had Jean not forced me at gunpoint to sing in the actual wedding. Or forced me at gunpoint to sing a song in my range. But being able to play with Ken and Nate again was awesome. The songs at the reception went very well... and was something I'll always remember. The weekend was an event, to be sure... complete with a car trip long enough for Ken and I to lose my voice; a rainy hay-ride; and more food than I could shake a tailfeather at. It was not the first wedding I've attended of a good friend of mine... that honorable distinction goes to the vanished Chad Thoreson. And, like a black-hole, married life sucked him in and he was never seen nor heard from again. Unfortunately for me, that dark cloud hung over Jean's wedding weekend. But, all in all, it was a great time had by all... allowing old friends the chance to get together one last time before one of us dies. Metaphorically, of course. Oh... come on, I'm just kidding. Lighten up!

No comments: