Wednesday, January 05, 2005

I Start And Finish Talking about Sports
I had taped the Oklahoma/USC game so that I could watch it later. I was, most obviously, busy last night. If it's night-time, you can bet that I'm rehearsing something somewhere. Regardless, I taped the game so that I could watch it this morning. I had already seen on Ken's blog, and gotten an email from my dad, which basically ruined the "surprise" of the game. Although, after watching the game, the second quarter pretty much did the same thing. If USC was my team, this would have been exactly the kind of game I love watching... where it's pretty much over before half-time. However, USC is not my team... I just wanted to see a good game. And holy bowling balls was that not what happened. The game I saw was no where NEAR a good game. Oklahoma looked terrible after their first drive... and I'm pretty sure that USC could have put ME in as quarterback half-way through the third quarter and they still would've won.
While I was watching the crappy tape of the game, I was working on a poster/prop for one of the scenes I wrote in Mankind: And Other Oxymorons. The poster is a product called "Freedentify"... and making it is probably supposed to be a lot less involved process than I'm making this stupid project. I'm not sure that sentence made sense. What I mean is that... well... let me put it this way: I spent all fucking day just doing the writing on three of these posters. I didn't even draw anything on them yet... I just did the writing. Meanwhile, it continues to snow here in Chicago. We must have something like 300 inches of snow right now. My entire morning and afternoon was spent working on these stupid props, watching it snow outside, and watching the stupid game, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (on HBO), and misc stuff on ESPN. What a great day, huh? I'm useless.

At 7, however, I had to leave because I had Mockupations rehearsal. Unlike yesterday, this was a rehearsal with everyone, and we were able to go through the entire show. I've been off book since before the Christmas break, so rehearsal is more irritating for me than anything else.

After my Mockupations rehearsal, I went into the lobby to wait for my Mankind Tech rehearsal. One of my fellow writers, Heidi, was sitting there at one of the tables, so I sat down next to her and starting shooting the metaphoric feces. She then started crying, out of nowhere... so I got closer to her and started prying, hoping that she would open up and let me know what was wrong. She did... she talked her way through it... and it made me feel pretty crappy. She was upset about a man, her boyfriend, and she sounded like someone who probably places too much of her own self-worth on what men think of her. I kept worrying, as she was talking, that he was abusing her. It never approached that level, but I can't help but think she's someone who WOULD end up in an abusive relationship and NOT want to leave it. Man, relationships are fucking complicated... and I can't help but be hurt when someone who honestly cares about other people is purposely made to feel guilty by their significant other. That sickens me... and, honestly, makes me happy that I'm as jaded about relationships as I am. What a bastard this guy sounded like. *shakes head* Oh! To make things better... the actors don't know a lot of lines in my writing five show. That'll make Friday night interesting, to be sure.

#9 Post of 2004: All of the Sports Posts! Even though some of you were completely board by all of my different sports posts, sports are something that fascinate me. Hell, if this whole "comedy" thing doesn't work out... I could easily see myself doing play-by-play for some kind of sports team. So all this sports loot could potentially be what I do with my life. Thus, I understandably spend a lot of mental energy and time on sports... and in 2004 I spent a lot of time posting about sports as well. My favorite posts are Feb 1st (the string of Super Bowl commentary), March 15 (my thoughts on the NCAA Tourney), April 24 (Jim and I do play-by-play of the 2004 NFL Draft), and Sept 12 (my NFL predictions). Even if you don't like the fact that I spent so much time on all that loot, I hope you can appreciate that I spent SO MUCH time on all that loot.

No comments: