Friday, July 22, 2005

London
Yesterday morning I heard that there had been new attacks in London. I HAVE already talked with Rose, who is, again, shaken but fine. I don't think these hit her as personally as the last ones... but they don't need to have hit her to shake me up. And now I hear that there's a manhunt to find some dude who shot a guy in a Tube station today. Can you believe this poop? It's as if people in England are going insane, all of a sudden. Not to be a party-pooper, but come home soon, Rose.

HBP
I finally finished the Half-Blood Prince. I will not spoil the ending (when Voldemort blows up the world, leaving the seventh book completely in space), but I will say that I believe J.K. Rowling to be a truly brilliant writer who, unfortunately, may not be able to write ever again after this series. I mean, if she WERE to write a different story, it would have to be so VASTLY different as to touch a different audience completely. Otherwise everyone will bitch and moan that it's not the "Harry Potter" books. Or she could just be a very rich woman for the rest of her life. Whichever.

Last Class of Level 2
Thursday night was my last class of Level 2 at the SC Conservatory. I celebrate this, not because I'm excited that I'm closer to being finished, but because I survived Gellman again without any major emotionally break-downs. The first few weeks of class I wanted to jump off something tall onto something spiky... but I feel like he genuinely wants us to succeed.
Also, I can't believe how close I am to finishing the Conservatory considering how bad I still think I am. I should be a whole lot better at this by now... but, alas, I'll only realize the true gift of this education when I'm older and wiser. Education is wasted on the young, they say (they being old people).

Mr. T
This morning I saw Mr. T hocking Hanes Double-Thick socks on Cold Pizza. I couldn't stop laughing when he went on and on about socks. I can't possibly do it justice... but just imagine Mr. T... with his voice and the quick pace of his speech... saying "Hanes Double-Thick socks! They're double thick in the heal and the toes... Most socks you only get one or the other!" (By the way, Mr. T is 5' 10" and about 220 lbs... sound like someone you know?)

Hello Hockey! Welcome Back
With a slew of new rules and rule changes, professional hockey--that great mistress of all sports--is back in the United States. One change is that there will be no All-Star Games played in years during Olympic competition. While I suppose that's fair to the players, that sucks hynie for the fans. I thought you were begging us to come back to your game... but you're not even going to have an All-Star game? Way to sell that one to us!
Another rule change going into effect is the elimination of the Center Line. I'm not exactly sure what this will do besides eliminate the two-line pass. I suppose it will lead to more break-always? Or that's the thought, anyway. But what if the effective counter-strategy becomes leaving a defenseman back to stop the possibility of a break-away? Doesn't that just further hurt the lack of offense in the league?
Finally, I've already talked about how the new Shoot-out overtime rule is stupid. I continue to think it's stupid. It might be exciting for one year... but after this season's over, everyone else will think it's stupid too. Trust me! Hockey fans like ties! We don't mind them! We've come to expect them... we're hockey fans! *deep breaths* I'm done with this.

Two Other Articles
Here's an article from the BBC about a man who advertises on his forehead for a company that purchased that forehead space in an auction. He auctioned off his forehead and then got a tattoo for the company that won. Interesting question... how much would it take to sell space on YOUR forehead? Personally, my forehead is almost priceless. I'll never get acting jobs with a forehead tattoo. My price, then, $100 Million for a forehead tattoo. I'd never have to work again with that much money, and could be a writer for the rest of my life.
Lastly.... like I've been saying for years, this article proves that Husbands own their Wives hair in Michigan. I TOLD anyone who would listen that it's a weird Michigan law that hasn't been revoked. And this is why, if I were to get married to the lovely Miss Wagemaker, it would be in Michigan. So that I would own that beautiful, long, flowing red hair. Mmm... red hair. *drools*

No comments: