Saturday, July 23, 2005

You Got Served Europe
See how good you are at European Geography with this drag and drop map of Europe. I got 34/45 on my first try--with an average error of 86 miles (40/45 on my second try--error of 47 miles)... and it's harder than you'd think because of all the tiny countries. Plus, it depends on what country you get first. My first country was Slovakia... and, with no frame of reference, I just kind of put it someplace. It's nice to see how well Americans know other nations (or how well we DON'T). Europe we SHOULD know... but short of the larger, vacation countries, we really don't (After about 5 tries [including a 43/45 where my average error was 8 Miles], I got 45/45... it does depend MOST on which countries you get first).
Additionally, to further expand my mental horizons, I'm watching that fabulous expose on plot and character development that is "You Got Served." I've seen the end bit about four times now (because I like the dancing)... but I caught about five minutes near the beginning. What did I see? More dancing. I don't know if this movie has a plot or not. I do know that the spiky-haired white dude is the bad guy. How do I know that? He's the white dude. It's that easy. I also know that "La La" from "MTV" is "irritating." She's using slang that I've heard... which makes it dated and lame.
And I just had an idea. What if political debates were decided "straight streets." What do I mean? "You know how I like it... straight hood." I think a hilarious (and short) scene would be to see Democrats and Republicans dance to see who the next Supreme Court Justice would be. Don't steal my idea! I'm just getting started working on that scene.

No comments: