Sunday, November 07, 2004

Assistant Director's Cut
My AD's Cut show opens this upcoming Friday night. The head writer asked us to come up with fake movie trivia. Here's what I came up with:

DID YOU KNOW?:
The Matrix was originally a movie about rogue, human killing printers call Dot Matrix

Dude, Where’s My Car? Was actually a remake of the 1960s British farce Pardon me Chap, But Do You Recall Where I Parked My Automobile?

The movie Chicago was actually based on a stage musical. That musical was called The King and I

Philadelphia was originally set in San Francisco, but producers thought the title would have been confusing

The Jurassic Park series was originally call Triassic Park, but producers wanted to appeal to a younger audience

THE LIST
While Schindler’s List the movie is very long (3 HRs, 17 Mins), the real life list the movie was based on was only about a page and a half

Steven Spielburg, the director of Schindler’s List, was unable to get permission to film inside Auschwitz, so the scenes of the death camp were actually filmed at a L.A. Clippers game

FILM FLUBS!
Even though they’re called The Breakfast Club, the meal that they eat during detention is lunch

STAR WARS
In A New Hope, Harrison Ford deliberately didn’t learn his lines for the intercom conversation in the cell block because he felt the film was going to be a “fuckin’ flop”

No comments: