Wednesday, November 03, 2004

"It's the end of the world as we know it... and I feel like shit"
This morning I had a long chat with Nate. We talked about the election, the future and feeling helpless and hopeless. What was there to do? I made hot chocolate. I'd be eating mac and cheese, if I had it. And I don't think a chocolate binge is far from my future (thank you cheap Halloween candy). As a comfort eater, this seems to make the most sense currently.
When talking about the future, Nate mentioned a man named John Titor... a possible time traveler from the year 2036. Check out some of HIS crazy "rantings" here. Basically, Titor says that a Civil War in the US is coming in 2005 after the 2004 election. He then said, after almost ten years of civil war, WWIII comes in 2015, as Russia nukes some US cities and some places in Europe and China. While Russia rising again to power is something I can't really fathom... another civil war is not.
I need to learn how to shoot a gun. And I'm serious about this. There may come a time in the near future when I'm going to need to know how to save my life.
The dude also mentioned something: "Consider what you would bring with you if you had to leave your home in 10 min. and never return." It's an interesting exercise (an exercise for now): I would probably take clothes; functional warm ones, not my bright "fun" clothes... and I've got a nice set of knives I would take, and I'd take some paper and pens. I think that's it. If I had to leave this place because we were in a Civil War, I don't think I'd need my computer or anything electronic.

(Slightly off topic) If Bush talks about how he has "clearly" won the election, I'm going to be sick. Yes, he won the electoral college... yes, he also won the popular vote... but look at the margin of victory. 51% to 48% of the popular vote is not what I would call a convincing victory. We are literally talking about the difference across the nation being less people than are in the city of Chicago. Think about that for a second... If everyone in Chicago voted again, and for Kerry, he would have won the popular election. So please, "President" Bush... don't sprinkle sugar on my shit and call it a cookie. You are only half of this country's president... which is why the thought of a civil war is becoming more and more a possibility in my head. Unfortunately, the "resistance" is on the West Coast and the north-east... not a very good geographical spread for 'resistance'.


Before I finish, I asked someone to give me her feed-back on the election. But I would like to extend that to everyone. Email me at jpsteeno@yahoo.com and I'll compile everyone's thoughts... and post them coherently. Thank you.

No comments: