Monday, November 01, 2004

I'll be gone til November... give a kiss to my mother
Girl I gotta leave, please don't cry... my Wyclef Jean is pretty good for a white guy.
I don't know why I'm being stupid... but whatever. I'm in a pretty good/positive mood. My Packers won... the stupid Patriots lost!... and, according to electoral-vote.com, Kerry has gained ground since yesterday. It's not an overwhelming margin, but if the states hold they way they're looking like they will, Kerry's win will at least be more convincing than Bush's "win" four years ago. Let's talk about the states, shall we? (Politics? From me?! I know... I've got two more days of this and then I'll go back to talking about football)
Looking at the current map, just looking at it, it's interesting to see that Kerry seems to have both coasts, and Bush is very strong through the middle of the country. I don't find it necessarily surprising that Bush's got the middle of the country... guess where the most uneducated section of the country is? Hey... I'm just tellin' the truth... it seems the less educated you are, the more you like Republicans. Unless, of course, you're a minority.
Reason #1 Bush shouldn't win: Bush has Utah. Bush has Utah by a HUGE margin. That means the Mormons like Bush. That means he's not the right guy for the job, because we all know how backwards the Mormons are.
Reason #2 Bush shouldn't win: Kerry has Florida (barely). George's brother is still the governer of Florida (right?). If your brother is the highest elected official in a state, and you can't win that state... you shouldn't be running the country.
Reason #3 Bush shouldn't win: Kerry has California. Those similarly backwards mother f--kers in California... the state that elected a REPUBLICAN Austrian action movie star, is now pulling for Kerry. That doesn't make sense to me at all.
Surprise #1: California, for the reason above.
Surprise #2: Alaska is pro-Bush. I guess it makes sense, as Bush's "hey let's drill in the Alaskan Wildlife Refuge" has created many jobs. Those jobs being the systematic humanization of the 'wild.' I shun using the word "rape" here to describe what is being done to the earth, as it's over-used rhetoric and really downplays the horrors of rape... but Bush is a bitch (that has nothing to do with anything, I just couldn't figure out how to get out of that sentence)
Reason #4 Bush shouldn't win: Kerry has DC BIGTIME. If anyone knows politics, it's the residents of Washington D.C. If they think Kerry's the man for the job, shouldn't he be?
Surprise #3: Hawaii for Bush. For a progressive, allowing gay marriage state like Hawaii to be a Bush state is mind-boggling to me.
Surprise #4: New Hampshire is split. Kerry has all of New England except for NH which is, for some reason, exactly split. Come on NH, get with the program... Maybe Bush owns New Hampshire?

I think I should have something witty to say here... but I've got nothing. It's raining in Chicago... and it's been raining all day. It's interesting... it doesn't feel like a good rain. This feels like a depressing rain, for some reason. It's raining on my parade! Um... I don't know.

Speaking of no segue! I'm so sick of that super crappy "Here's to football" song they have on Sportscenter every week. I 'liked' that song a couple years ago, when it was just about showing hot twins. Now it's about trying to be clever every week... and it's not really clever (and the twins aren't even twins anymore. And, Hey!, how many times are they going to show Tiki and Ronde Barber? That's not funny anymore)
It's not clever anymore, it's formulaic. I'll show you clever:
I love originality
Coming from my TV
Which doesn't happen often
Shit! ... and twins

No comments: