Tuesday, November 16, 2004

End Zone dances, Favre, fucking the south, and that guy you work with
On Monday Night Football, Terrell Owens--arguably my favorite player in the league (note the sarcasm)--scored three touchdowns. This is quite an accomplishment for a wide receiver... but moreso it's an accomplishment that he's scored 12 TDs already this year (in 9 games). That's incredible. He's a phenomenal athlete... but it may be overshadowed by his incredible stupidity: his cockiness. We've all heard about him saying his former quarterback, Jeff Garcia, is gay... and we know how that makes him a f--king idiot. But Owens' new thing is to celebrate every one of his touchdowns with some kind of dance or celebratory movement. The Monday Night Football crew talked to hall of fame wide receivers Steve Largent and John Stallworth about Owens' celebrations. They said that they don't mind the celebrations, in that it's what "the fans want"... but they also think it's like someone standing at the end of an assembly line taking credit for the entire car that just got made. It's true... he's taking all the credit for the team's accomplishments, which I feel is pretty much the role of the Wide Receiver. Being the asshole. He's good at it. I suppose this is why I'm the best receiver of all my friends... "Ain't nobody cover me! Gollie!"

Also, I hear that mah boy Brett has a book out, Favre. Even ESPN Classic has cashed in, as I am currently watching the Sportscentury: Brett Favre show. Favre is, without a doubt, the best Packers quarterback in their history... and it feels incredible to know that I'll see his entire career. Hmm... that book would make a great Christmas present for my dad, but I bet he's already bought matching copies for the entire family. >Shakes head< Dad always buys what he wants before we can, which makes Christmas, his birthday, and father's day difficult. Know anybody like that? It's crap... because you can never get them something that they really want, you always have to buy them something they didn't know they wanted; and the set of those items is pretty small.

Check this out: http://www.fuckthesouth.com/

Now, the last thing I have to touch on is this dude named Chris who's in my writing five class. The best word I can think of to describe him is "douche". He's a douche. He's not funny and, moreover, he's irritating and nit-picky and a control freak. Last night we decided to move his scene to last (where my scene was) because it fits in better with the reprise of the song. This wouldn't be so bad if his scene wasn't a warm pile of poop. Ending our show with a fecal scene is just plain terrible. Yes, deep down I'm pissed that my scene was going to end the show and now it's not... that was a bit of the ego-stroking that I do love so very much... but that pales in comparison to how stupid it is to end the show on a "huh? that scene sucked" note. More on Chris... he's giving the actors notes. A lot. He's giving a LOT of notes to the actors. And he shouldn't. It's like getting notes on how to perform surgery from an accountant. "But I've seen ER" they would say. It doesn't matter... you don't know what you're doing. Shut your mouth. Thank you.
Everybody works with a dude like this. Somebody who thinks they're so good at everything, that they want their hand in everything. As someone who IS good at everything ["I have never been exceptional. But what I'm doing, this, is"], it upsets me.

No comments: