Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Misc loot with no good name or clever title... um... I didn't even try
Yesterday I met Owen and hung out at Adam, Chip, and Owen's (yeah... he moved in). I went over there in the afternoon, and was welcomed with doughnuts. This, I said, was a sure way to get into my pants. And, it's true. Regardless, I went over there to have my first LAN party not in a dorm. They have a whole new set-up now that Owen's there... with the focus on, you guessed it, computers. There are like little stations in the apartment now, so all three of them can be on a computer at the same time. I'm sure the electric bill is going to go through the roof! Anyway, they had set up this LAN party because there was a woman from the AP there to do an article on online gaming. It's part of a series on internet culture and a generation of the internet. So this woman came, and some dude came and took pictures of us playing, of all things, the original Quake for PC. I said a couple things to the woman, but she was more interested in talking to Chip because he plays games and he's into potentially making games. This woman was from Cadillac of all places... CADILLAC! And she knew how to speak without drooling (f--king Cadillac!).
So we played that for a while; I played Halo 2 with their friend Dave for a while; we got take-out from an Italian restaurant; I played DOA Extreme Beach Volleyball with Owen for a while; and I just generally hung out. It was cool... and Owen's just like Adam and Chip... just a totally relaxed guy who'd rather play some shooter on the computer while drinking beer than anything else. *shakes head* kids these days.

From the "where did this come from" category, Kmart is set to buy Sears. The full story's here... but I'll do a little talking about it here. The deal will effectively allow Kmart to carry Kenmore appliances and Craftsman tools, while Sears will be able to carry stuff like the Martha Stewart lines and more/other clothing. CNN reports that a lot of Kmarts will become Sears, effecting everywhere in the nation, but really hitting home in Albion College: turning Kresge Gymnasium to Roebuck's "Big wooden room." (I think that's f--king clever... scrump you) What does this mean? It means the ability for both of those companies to compete with Target, Home Depot, and even the dreaded Wal-Mart. Good for Chicago (Sears) and Troy (Kmart)!

Additionally, in the news, Governor Swartzenagger is over in Japan to see if he can raise money for California by appearing in commercials. Apparently, lots of "western" film stars can go over to Japan and do commercials, and make anus-loads of money. If you ever get a chance to see American movies stars in Japanese commercials, do it... they're almost always hilarious. And, since there's no FCC in Japan (I'm calling them the Federal Christian Coalition, until I come up with something funnier), some of the commercials can get pretty racy. *raises eyebrows*

See why Christians are psychotic here.
And, finally, giving pro-choice advocates a bad name here. Warning: The images created by reading that story are graphic. If you're having a good day, don't click that link. Thank you.

No comments: