Thursday, November 04, 2004

Still soaking in the election
Let me get back to the election some other time... as I'm currently compiling the best points/phrases/paragraphs from people's emails/blogs/and conversations. I hope to have something coherent/good by this weekend.
But, for now, here are some random thoughts that you can completely disregard. Wait... I keep forgetting that, as a white-male upper middle class "Christian", age 20-35, you can't disregard anything I say as I'm oppressing everyone. Try to forget then, dear reader, just for a few minutes that I'm oppressing you. Thanks.
I was watching that new show "Drawn Together" on Comedy Central, and I think it's got a chance to be very good. It includes many characters with what could be described as a "politically incorrect" point of view. There's a racist princess who is like a Disney character... she even sang a song in the episode I saw. It was hilarious. I will be the first to admit, the marketing for the show is stupid... "TVs first animated reality show"... but I'm sure that's what the creators had to pitch to "the man" (notice here that earlier we agreed that I am technically "the man"). If you get the chance, check this show out (especially you, Bohne... I think you'll like it).
Speaking of things that don't rationally follow, that "Everyday Italian" chick on Food Network is pretty hot... and I'm trying to figure out why, because I used to find her irritating. She looks a little like Amie, which I find disturbing... but she's really enthusiastic about what she's doing, which I find attractive; she can cook, which I find to be way hot; and she inter-splices Italian into her normal speech, which I can blame on Laura for me finding attractive. She'll be talking normally--you know, like a God-fearin' Christian--and then all of a sudden she'll say "spaghetti" but not like an American, she'll say it all Italian and it catches me off guard and I think to myself "wow... that's hot. Say more Italian things for no reason"... and she does. Perhaps that's why I like her... I tell her what to do and she does it (like a good woman... Ahhh ha ha haaaaa!!!! [It's true])

But enough of being a bastard for no reason... let's talk about something important for once, shall we? I just talked to Keith yesterday, and the show that we were going to put on at the Skybox, but didn't get a time slot for... we just got a time slot for. So we WILL be performing it in 2005. After going through the dates with Keith, I figured something out. I've got THREE shows now starting in January. Let's see if you can figure out what's interesting if I give you the dates:
My Level 5 Writing Show (yet untitled) Friday Nights @ 7:30 PM (I think) starting January 7th and running until February 6th
Equal Opportunity Offenders (the one I'm just acting in) Saturday Nights @ 10:30 PM January 15th through February 14th
Yet Untitled Skybox Show (writing for and acting in) Sunday Nights @ 8 PM January 2nd through January 23rd
Notice anything odd? You got it, there are a couple of weekends when I'll be involved in a production at the Skybox Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. It'll be all John Steeno all the time. Which I'm sure pleases the ladies.
The Assistant Director's Cut opens a week from tomorrow and last night's rehearsal went pretty well. I'm still working on my lines for one of the scenes, but for everything else, I think I've got it. Wish me luck.

No comments: