Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Halo 2 Day
From what I hear, the Best Buy on North Avenue was open at midnight last night... and there were 8,000 people there. Eight THOUSAND people... to pick up a video game. I'll admit, I really want to pick up the game today... but I don't think I want to brave the crowds. Besides, I promised SS Kenny Hoots that I wouldn't play through the game without him. And I'm not going to. That game is for him and I... it was made for 'losers' like us. I put losers in quotes so that I could trick you into thinking I wasn't a loser.
But then stuff like this happens... I watch the Halo National Championship on G4TechTV. But I stopped watching it pretty soon after I started because it turned out to be lame (even for me).
Speaking of lame and video games... check this out. Yesterday, I thought to myself "Wouldn't it be cool to have a team with only rookies?" So I created a team in Madden 2005 that I put in Milwaukee and I dubbed the "Genuine Draft" ('Draft' is a pun, get it?). They play at Miller Genuine Stadium, and their uniforms are a beer yellow and brown (like Western, except less like excrement). I then put them into the 'franchise' mode in place of my Packers (so I don't ever have to play against my beloved Pack). Man... I think I'm so f--king clever. Now I have to decide who starts: Manning or Roethelisberger? Jackson, Perry, or Jones? Fitzgerald, Williams, or Williams? etc.
Now, having nothing to do with anything, we had our tech rehearsal last night for The Assistant Director's Cut. Yes, we've only got 25 minutes, so it might not be worth anyone coming from out of state to see... but it's going to be a fun, funny show... and we're referencing at least 16 different films in the 25 minutes (blackouts are easier when you don't have to create a character... we're using already well-known characters). We're double-billed with a group called TripLette. They're three young women who do... something... I'm not even sure what their show is about. But, for some reason, they get 35 minutes while we only get 25. Why did Donny's Skybox break up the hour like that? I have no idea... but Triplette is going to be pissed because we're going to be over 25 minutes consistently.

No comments: