Saturday, October 09, 2004

Brian's housewarming!
Last night, after being called three times by various people, I finally answered when Kelly called. Here's a hint for anyone trying to get a hold of me: have a girl call me. As a rule, I don't answer the phone for men. Heehee... oh, it's true. At any rate... I answered when Kelly called me. She was at Brian's housewarming party and she wanted me to stop by. I had told Adam earlier in the night that I was really too tired to go out. What a difference a vagina makes (or perhaps it was the fact that it was the third time I got called). I finally decided "okay, they're not going to leave me alone, I'll just go for a little while." I went to the Brown-line stop at Chicago to head uptown to Brian's. When I was waiting for the train, Abby called me. She was headed to Brian's in her car and wondered if I wanted a ride. Awesome! Yeah I do! So I waited a while for her to pick me up. Unfortunately for me, there's something about a white dude standing around waiting on a Friday night under an L stop that says "ask me for money!" Cities suck.
Anyway, Abby and I got to Brian's a little before mid-night. I got to see a lot of people from Coldstone that I haven't seen in a while... and it was nice. It was only the second "party" I've been to since I moved here. I guess I'm not much of a party person. Whatever... I was still able to hit on Kelly mercilessly. I'm starting to realize a pattern in all the lovely young ladies who I pine after: they all look Irish--Kelly, Chelsey, Karen, even the incomparable Miss Colleen Kelly... light colored eyes and light, reddish hair (Collen is actually Manx, so she doesn't need to have reddish hair. Maybe she's got reddish hair, it's been far too long... I need to go to California and propose. I mean, find out). So, yes, I was unmerciful to Kelly... as only I can be (heehee... I'm awesome).
We hung out at Brian's until about two, and then went to a 24-hour restaurant called Clarke's. It was okay food... it was just nice to have a place to go and eat at 2 in the morning. Chicago isn't Big Rapids, that's for damn sure.

No comments: