Sunday, October 17, 2004

Se7en... and being unable to sleep on a Saturday night
Well... I'm back in Chicago. And here it is, 4:45 AM and I can't sleep. Perhaps this has something to do with the fact that I just got done watching Se7en (which is how the kids are spelling it). Why watch THAT movie so late at night? Two reasons: 1.) I had my Assistant Director's Cut rehearsal today. There is an alternate ending we're doing to Se7en, and I'm playing John Doe (Kevin Spacey). I consider it an honor to satirize such a fantastic actor... so I'm doing all the homework I can. I promise you that my impression of him, come performance time, will be quite believable (because I will watch that movie a million times if I need to, just to get it right). 2.) I was watching it earlier tonight, but I got a late phone call from K Rose in the Albizzle on the phizzo. We had an interesting... kidding, it was a necessary conversation... and one that took great strides towards a satisfactory resolution. There... that sounds vague enough.
Speaking of vague, I got an email from SS Kenny Hoots while I was gone this week. He gave me some BS advice on how the Packers should do something and not do something else, I don't pay attention when he talks... but he also told me that he talked to this girl he rather fancies. Good for him. Bout time that Air Force gave him testicles. Now... he's still working on me getting mine, but alas, the ladies are so scary! What with their "no"s and their "you're stepping on my foot"s and their "stop looking through my garbage"s... so demanding!
This has nothing to do with anything, but I saw "I [heart] huckabees" tonight with Adam, his roommate Chip, and their friend from Florida, Rhea (although I'm almost 1,000,000% sure that she doesn't spell it that way). Rhea reminds me a lot of Courtney, if Courtney was Korean and German (don't ask me how that works, but that's what happened). Anyway, the movie was all about existentialism... and I really really enjoyed it. There were a few "hmm" parts... the philosophy wasn't beyond me, and the story itself was interesting enough to keep non-philosophers (read: idiots) entertained. It's a good movie, and I think I'm probably going to spend some time in the next few days reading up on existentialism... because it's never too late to learn more!
I will also spend some time in the next few days organizing my apartment. I'm getting a new futon! I'm not replacing the old one, I'm just somehow squeezing them both into my apartment. Don't ask me how it's supposed to work--just know that it's supposed to work. And it will mean that I'll not only have more space to have guests over; I'll have more room to have guests STAY overnight. Which means, if my group of fellow actors/writers gets an hour on the Skybox stage for sometime early next year... I'm going to want a car-full--not just one person, but an entire car full--of Albion students. This means YOU Bohne! I don't care who you're getting married to, until you've got a ring on that finger, you're mine!

No comments: