Friday, October 08, 2004

Moving on up...
Wednesday night I went to the ESPN Zone with Jim. It's two levels of bars, tvs, and sports-related interactive video gaming orgasms. If I was made of money (which is almost how I used to feel), I would've played some of the games. But we were just there to watch the Twins/Yankees game. The Zone started off pretty empty, but the restaurant was still busy, so we sat at the bar and started watching. The bartender was a pleasant and attractive young lady named Denise, who took very good care of Jim and I... refilling our drinks at least a dozen times. We also talked with one of the servers... a guy who's name is something like Will... I never really saw his name-tag. But he was a Cardinal fan from St. Louis... and he kept Jim and I entertained while we all rooted against the Yankees. It was an awesome game, but even I--the not so good at baseball dude--knew that it was a mistake to leave Joe Nathan in so long. Especially with Derek Jeter coming up and Nathan's control leaving him. But, what can you do?
I woke up early this morning (Thursday) to helping Brian move again. Yeah... I know I said I helped him move last week; but that was moving out of the old place and into a storage unit. This is moving out of the storage unit and into the new place. FUN! It actually took us less time to load it onto the truck than it did to to unload it from the truck the first time. And then... it took even LESS time to unload it from the truck into his new apartment. His new apartment is WAY cute... and I wish I lived closer to him. It's huge! He's got a living room, large walk-in closet, a bedroom with another large closet, a bath and a kitchen... four rooms, and I bet he's not paying as much as I am. Cities really suck.
I recently received my first email from Ken. He's "safe"... overseas. He's arrived at wherever he's supposed to be. I suppose I feel a little better about it, hearing his description of "bathroom trailers" instead of tents... and a 24 hour coffee house similar to Starbucks. This somewhat puts me at ease... but not really.
Upon my return to my building, it seems as thought the summer AC has been turned off, and the winter heat as begun. This lead to a pretty sleepless night on Tuesday, as it was too hot to sleep, but not cool enough outside to cool my room. Stupid large buildings!
Tonight I went and saw the Second City's ETC show. Find out more about it here. The woman on the left is my Beginning Improv Level D instructor Jen Bills. That was the crappy level that wasn't her fault because they smashed two classes that didn't want to be together, together. I'm sure you remember me bitching about it. Anyway... I always thought Jen was awesome and I have lamented the fact that I didn't get a more directed instruction from her. But, alas... twas not meant to be. So ever since she was my instructor, I've wanted to see her on the etc stage, but haven't ever felt like I had enough time. Ta da! Now I do! The show, Show Title Deemed Indecent by the FCC is fantastic! I loved it! They do this car chase thing with lights and rolling chairs that just blew my mind. They used a strobe like and spun the chairs slowly to give a Matrix effect... it was unreal. Just awesome. They even did an improved set after the show which was great. I totally enjoyed the show. The improv still impresses me a great deal, but I don't think there's any scripted stuff that I don't think I could do. The show was awesome, don't get me wrong... but I think I could hang with 'em, at the very least. And that's my one positive thought for today!

No comments: