Sunday, October 31, 2004

Happy Halloween and Danse Macabre!
I just wanted to say Happy Halloween, even though I think Halloween is a shitty holiday. Anyway, trying to be in the holiday spirit, I went and saw a super fantastic improv show last night at the Second City called Danse Macabre. It's a long-form improv show based on audience suggestions. The cast knew that they were playing characters from a 1920s-30s horror movie and, every show, they get the name of the movie from the audience. The name of the movie from last night was "Death Stink"... clever, huh? Anyway, it was an incredible show... and my friend Andy, from "Maybe this isn't the right forum..." was in it, and he's amazing! The show included a super-catchy song, which has been unfortunately stuck in my head ever since. Perhaps if I write it down, it'll get out of my head: "twelve AM, twelve AM, the danse macabre begins... twelve AM, twelve AM, the night is my home." Whatever, you... Laura would have liked it, that predictable bastard.

KERRY WINS!
Let me be the first to break this story. Since the Packers beat the Washington Redskins in Washington today, Kerry will apparently win the election. There is some kind of weird statistic where, if the Redskins win their last game before an election... the incumbent wins; and if they lose, so does the incumbent (for the past 17 elections? like 70 years or so?). So, thanks to the Green Bay Packers, Kerry will win the election. I was checking out electoral-vote.com (thanks Nate) and, as Halloween, Kerry would win the electoral college 283-246. It's my understanding that 270 votes is needed to win, and with three days to go... Kerry might pull it off. I've actually got hope for this election for the first time in months. I think Kerry just might do this. Thank God! Wait... maybe I shouldn't be thanking God, as that's Bush's thing. ("Thank you God for letting me kill Middle Eastern civilians")

No comments: