Tuesday, October 19, 2004

One of the two of us is sick... and I don't think it's you
Yeah... I feel pretty ill. It's just a stupid cold, but it's making me just want to sit around and sleep. The bad news is that I can't just sit around or sleep... I've got way too much to do before this weekend. Yes, I am heading to Albion this weekend for Homecoming. It's not just the homecoming festivities, however, that are bringing me back to my alma mater. On Friday night, I'm going to be hosting an improvisation workshop at Albion. I couldn't be more excited! I've got a full slate of things to take them through, and I hope it's enough for them to understand it. Worse comes to worse, I can say that I'll be willing to stick around for another hour for anyone who wants to stay... and we'll see if I did my "job" (i.e. if anyone's interested).
In other exciting news, I'll soon be getting my first AD credit for my yet unnamed Level 5 show. We decided who got what last night, and I might even help Adam with the Stage Managing. But I'm way excited to be Assistant Directing! It's the kind of anal-retentive subordinate work that I was born to do! *sigh* oh, it's true.
We had our first rehearsal last night to cast each scene. I continue to be surprised/amazed by how good our cast could potentially be. I think the show will be great and one of the actors, Jill, has a great, infectious laugh ("I think I caught a laugh!") and she seems to really be into the humor of the show. I think rehearsals should be fun.
Speaking of fun, I went to Adam's again last night for some more X-Men Legends. We continue to be entertained by the breaking of walls to reveal more wall. That was truly genius in the game design. In addition, when two of your characters work together in an attack, the game screams "COMBO!" It sounds just like you might think it would sound if, say, the South Park dudes were yelling 'combo.' That shit is hilarious, B!

No comments: