Saturday, October 30, 2004

The worst writing five show ever!
Last night I went and saw my friend Amy's level five writing show. She didn't write it, she was one of the actors. One of the good actors. She was one of the two good actors in the cast of six. "But John," you say, "doesn't good writing trump bad acting? I mean, how bad could they have been?" I would like to say that you're right... but I have no idea. The writing was so atrocious that I can't test your theory (did see THIS coming, did ya? I did that on purpose, because I'm a good writer). Good LORD was the writing bad... scenes that kept going after everything was said; terribly written songs that weren't funny and weren't very appealing musically so they could only be loosely called songs; and a constant beating over the head of whatever the point was to the scene (most of the time the point, I guess, was 'Bush likes to kill Iraqis!'). I felt preached to... which is saying something because I generally agree with what their points.
In crappy news, I just learned that our Skybox proposal (the hour long one) was not accepted. That really sucks because, with all the other shows I'm doing, this one was what I was really excited about... acting in an hour of my own stuff. I mean, that would have been awesome. But Keith isn't down about it, so I won't be either. It just means we're going to have to work that much harder when we propose this same show (or a slightly different version) next time.
And in weather news, today the gusts of wind in Chicago are approaching 44 miles per hour. It's just howling outside my window right now. I can't wait to have to go out into it. That'll be awesome. I do have kind of a conundrum because I'm wondering about my hair. I mean, there's no point in trying to make it look nice since the wind's probably just going to blow it all over the place anyway. However, it might be too windy for a hat... it would just fly away. Interesting. Don't feel bad, even I stopped listening to myself after a while.

No comments: