Friday, February 06, 2004

Another brilliant idea foiled by aluminum! (huh?)
"the phillips home defribulator is what's called an AED or automatic external defribulator....it will not shock unless both pads are secure and no heartbeat is detected, so frat guys could not use it on their junk..." - MJB
Well... son of a bitch. There goes that idea. And I was going to put it on my junk, too. Oh well... guess I'll go back to my Foreman Grill (OUCH!! OUCH!!! DON'T VISUALIZE IT LIKE I JUST DID, MEN... JUST MOVE ON!)

So today I told myself I'd get things done on the domestic front. I had dishes, laundry, groceries, and banking to take care of... so I said "no work for me!" Yeah... that worked for a while. I played Splinter Cell and Brute Force for a while... made some plans for this weekend... and got all my dishes taken care of. But then I heard that there was not only a Duke/UNC basketball game on tonight (ooo... if you like college basketball, what a game to watch!) but also the Wings/Avs game in Colorado! So my day sped by pretty quickly until the game (hockey... not basketball), what with all the shooting, dishes, and eating I preoccupied myself with... with which I preoccupied myself. Right...
Anyway, right after the game started, I figured it was going so crap-dapily that I should probably make myself some brownies... so I did. And, while mixing the ingredients for the brownies, Andrea called. She asked if it was a bad time, so I said "I'm currently watching hockey... if you feel that constitutes as a bad time, by all means..."
Hockey is, apparently, not a "bad time". Anyway... she and I talked for 45 minutes about some things, she gave me a couple of things to check up on online, and she told me to come in tomorrow for a meeting that will be "pretty long... I'd say at least two hours." Well... I don't know if we've EVER had a two hour meeting. So I'm quasi-freaking out in my "homework" that she gave me tonight.

I really don't have much else to say about today. It was nice (for the most part) to not have to worry about work. Actually, one of the things she mentioned while we were talking (for the forty five minutes [yes it was pretty much all work related]) was that I think she would be willing to give me a salaried position if it wasn't such a crappy time of year for ice cream. She said "maybe if it was May"... maybe what? I'm still not sure. I'm pretty sure she was hinting at a salaried position. >shrugs< I have no idea.

But I do know that I'm tired... so I think I'm done. But maybe I'll post a survey I got off of Jen's LiveJournal... as I completed all FIVE MILLION questions. Have a crazy night.
Please don't feel compelled to read this. I just started it yesterday sometime and couldn't stop until I was done...
// series one - about you
---> Name: John Paul Steeno
---> Birth date: December 28, 1980
---> Birthplace: Macomb, IL
---> Current Location: Chicago, IL
---> Eye Color: baby blue
---> Hair Color: um… it looks like this >points<. My sideburns are red.
---> Right or Lefty: Depends on what I’m doing… I like to pretend I’m left handed
---> Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
---> Innie or Outtie: Innie… that question seems irrelevant, probably a sign of things to come.

// series two - describe
---> Your heritage: 37.5% Belgian, 25% Irish, 25% Austrian/German, 12.5 French Canadian
---> The shoes you wore today: Adidas
---> Your hair: short with a touch of no longer there
---> Your eyes: the softest blue that could ever tell you exactly how I feel at all times
---> Your weakness?: women, food, and especially women with food
---> Your fears: Being forgotten
---> Your perfect pizza: would probably be made of money and I wouldn’t eat it, I’d invest it (or spend it on women with food (see above).
---> One thing you'd like to achieve: I’d like to be in a movie. Or bang the Homecoming Queen.

:// series three - what is
---> Your most overused phrase on aol\aim: “Yes dear”
---> Your thoughts first waking up: "ow, my back”
--->The first feature you notice in the opposite sex: “You have breasts… you are of the opposite sex”
---> Your best physical features: My eyes >blush<
---> Your bedtime: Normally the next day sometime… like 1 or 2 or 3.
---> Your greatest accomplishment: being a founding member of the Albion College Euphonics
---> Your best memories: Usually involve my family, my friends, or a lovely young lady
---> Cuss: I can only assume this means my favorite cuss… which would be “Bumblefuck Rapids”… my nickname for my hometown
---> Sing well: I think so
---> Take a shower everyday: If I’m going somewhere, yeah.
---> Type with your fingers on the right keys: Yes
---> Think you're attractive: I was convinced once… but not lately
---> Think you're a health freak: I work at an ice cream store. No… I don’t think you get it… I WORK in an ICE CREAM STORE.
---> Get along with your parents: You bet… the rents are fantastic!
---> Play an instrument: Trombone, Guitar, Vocal Percussion… and I’ve been known to play a mean cowbell and triangle in my days

// series four - in the past month, did/have you
---> Drank alcohol: yep
---> Smoke(d): no
---> Done a drug: no
---> Made Out: heeheehee… um… >blushes… looks around room< well… >cuts the act< No… not a chance in hell.
---> Go on a date: a what? I don’t think I even know what that is
---> Go to the mall?: No
---> Been on stage: Sort of
---> Been dumped: Feels like it
---> Made homemade cookies: Yeah, actually… Sugar cookies
---> Been in love: feels like it
---> Gone skinny dipping: No one wants to see that

// series five - have you ever?
---> Been trashed or extremely intoxicated: No because that’s stupid (I know you know how I feel… we’re good)
---> Been caught "doing something": I was caught breathing once… ooo! And I was caught eating… and sleeping… so, yeah.
---> Been called a tease: I haven’t, even though I am…
---> Gotten beaten up: >knocks on wood< nope.
---> Changed who you were to fit in: I pretended to be crazy to fit in once… but the other patients didn’t seem to appreciate it.

// series six - the future
---> Age you hope to be married: Well… I hope to be married when I’m in my fifties… I’ll work my way backwards from there
---> What do you want to be when you grow up: I don’t want to grow up… I’m a Toys R Us kid, muthafucka
---> What country would you most like to visit: Ireland

[x]this.or.that[x]
coke/pepsi: Pepsi
salt/pepper: salt
tv/computer: computer
cats/dogs: dogs because we both met people by smelling their crotches
vanilla/chocolate: chocolate
family/friends: Family… sorry “friends,” if that is your real name >glares<.
nite/day: night
summer/winter: Winter
smart/dumb: Smart
kiss/hug: Depends who it is. Hugs never hurt.
bitch/dogg: A bitch is a dog… I don’t get it.

[ Describe your ]
x. [Wallet] its black, leather, and I got it from my parents for Christmas.
x. [Hairbrush] Um… what?
x. [Toothbrush] I bought a bright yellow one to spite Laura (who will probably never see it… but I thought to myself as I bought it “this will surely spite Laura! Bwah ha ha haaaa!!!!”)
x. [Jewelry worn daily] Um… what?
x. [Blanket] My favorite one is a green and yellow afghan… made just for me with love >blushes<
x. [Coffee cup] Um… what?
x. [Sunglasses] Lame.
x. [Underwear] Could box something
x. [Shoes] My brown Adidas hiking shoe/boots are badass (and as old as some of my ex-girlfriends)… it’s time to get new shoes, kiddies
x. [Favorite shirt] A Hawaiian one… probably the Red one because it blinds people. Or any Yellow shirt I own
x. [Favorite pants] I really like those Old Navy Zipper cargo thingys… they’re super.
x. [CD in stereo right now] Incubus, “A Crow left of the Rolling Stones”
x. [Tattoos] none
x. [Piercings] Um… what?
x. [What you are wearing now:] I wish I could say “clothing”… I wish.
x. [Do you like candles] Not really
x. [Do you believe in love] Yes
x. [Do you believe in soul mates] I used to
x. [Do you believe in love at first sight] God I hope not… I’d have no chance
x. [What do you want done with your body when you die] I’d like it to become the table for a big buffet in my honor. This is a joke. I’d like it buried in a beautiful cemetery… like the one in Albion.
x. [What are you gonna do when you're older?] Hopefully have lots and lots of sex (sorry if you’re reading this, sis). But, if that doesn’t work, I hope I can fire lots of people and make their lives terrible. Ooo! Maybe even on Christmas. That’d be great.
x. [How many songs do you have on your computer?] Two? The songs stay on the CDs, kiddies.
x. [Look out your window...tell me what you see] A tree or two… a parking lot… lights… black men begging for change… old Russian women making rounds around the parking lot (it’s exercise!)
x. [If you could have any animal for a pet?] I’d steal Karen’s dog, Bailey… We have a special and unique bond. I was the only person in the history of people that Bailey didn’t bark at when we met and I bet you anything that, even though I’ve only been around him like three times, he would remember me. I love him… >sniffle< I miss him… >sobs<
x. [What is the longest you've ever stayed up?] Well… near the end of my collegiate career I think I did 72 hours with only three or four hours of sleep mixed in there.

[ When was the last time you ... ]
x. [Smiled?] A long time ago…
x. [Laughed?] All the time… I just laughed at my cleverness in this survey
x. [Bought something?] Xbox games earlier today
x. [Danced?] In class last night >blush<
x. [Were sarcastic?] See any answer earlier in this survey… obviously!
x. [Had a nightmare?] few nights ago. i think.
x. [Last book you read] High Fidelity was the last one I got through. I’m currently reading “Brave New World,” “Lies and the Lying Liars…,” and “In God We Trust: All Others Pay Cash.”
x. [Last movie you saw] All the way through?… Donnie Darko.
x. [Last thing you had to drink?] Water
x. [Last thing you had to eat] Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (I’m bad!)

[ Fashion ]
x. [Do you wear a watch?] Not any more
x. [How many coats and jackets do you own?] like 4
x. [Most expensive item of clothing?] Probably my Yzerman jersey
x. [Describe your style in one word] Straight-guy

[ Your Friends ]
x. [do your friends know you?] Not as well as they think they do
x. [Are there traits in you that are universally liked?] Universally is quite a claim… I don’t know… I only know this ONE PLANET. Heehee… I think the fact that I’m an asshole is universally appreciated.
x. [How many people do you tell everything to?] No one knows it all.

[ Music/TV/Books ]
x. [Favorite band ever?] 311
x. [Most listened to bands?] 311, Incubus (poo on new album), Linkin Park, Staind (before everyone in the country started listening! Gah!), The Offspring
x. [Do you find any musicians good-looking?] Who doesn’t? Honestly?
x. [Type of music most listened to?] Rock
x. [Type never listened to?] Fusion Jazz… although I hear Nick Hexum’s brother’s into it… so I might give it a shot.
x. [Favorite book?] A History of the World in 10 ½ Chapters

[ General Questions ]
x. [What do you prefer, a sunny or rainy day?] Rainy
x. [Do you consider yourself lucky?] No
x. [Do you feel pity for people who commit suicide?] No
x. [Choose one word to describe how you feel most often] Discontent
x. [Do you own any plaid clothing?] Yes
x. [Is there more than one zipper in your pants?] “In” my pants? No
x. [Do you own braces?] “Own” braces? No!
x. [Does your hairstyle exceed a height of 3 inches?] I wish!
x. [Would you classify your hair as a deadly weapon?] Only to my sex life. HA!
x. [Do you have a favorite brand of hair dye?] Yes
x. [Do you own a bandana?] I am not lame
x. [Are you amused by safety pins] Well… one time on the team Tennis Bus, I watched one of my teammates pierce his ear with a safety pin… he was weird.
x. [Have you ever used duct tape as a sewing substitute?] Sewing? No. But it held my rearview mirror on my car from Utah to Vegas, back to Big Rapids, MI. That’s got to be some kind of record.

[Habits/beliefs ]
x. [Are you disgruntled (having a general hate for everything)?] Ooo… that should have been my word! (See above)
x. [Are you an anarchist?] No
x. [Do you smoke cigarettes?] No
x. [Are you vegan/vegetarian?] nope
x. [Do you think meat is murder] Ask me if I think murder is wrong.
x. [Have you ever slept in an alley or park?] Not yet… I’m gettin’ there.
x. [Do you wash your hair less than once a week?] No.
x. [Have you ever gone a week without a shower?] Sure… I’m a boy.
x. [Age] 23
x. [Status] Horrifically single
x. [Crush] Cans
x. [Natural hair color] Light brown
x. [Current hair color] Flesh
x. [Height] 5'10”
x. [Shoe size] 11 ½ or 12s
x. [Live with] It’s just me and King

[favorites]
x. [Number] 44
x. [Color] black and gold
x. [Day] During football season it’s Sunday… the rest of the year it’s Saturday
x. [Month] December
x. [Song] “You Wouldn’t Believe” - 311
x. [Movie] Donnie Darko
x. [Food] Italian… but alfredo sauces, please… the tomato ones pail in comparison
x. [Season] Fall
x. [Class] Philosophy
x. [Teacher(s)] Aww… Dr. Crupi. Or Jorg! JORG! I love the man… but I was bored as shit in his class.
x. [Drink] I honestly don’t know. Water… I guess, I drink it all the time.
x. [Veggie] Corn
x. [TV Show] XPlay
x. [Radio station] Depends where I am: 94.7 or 101.something in Chicago… 94.5 or 97.9 in the GR area.
x. [Store] Best Buy, Old Navy, Coldstone, or The Whore Store
x. [Word] Foliage
x. [Animal] Dog
x. [Flower] Rose

No comments: