Wednesday, February 04, 2004

"its a soap opera or something.. only without all the sex"
That is how a friend of mine referred to this here blog. That's fun for two reasons: 1) If it was up to me, there would be tons of sex on this blog but a) ouch, the blog is in my... and b) I would need to know women for anything to happen. 2) Are you saying my writing is of "soap opera" caliber?... because if you are, that is... the greatest thing I've ever heard!!! Thank you!
At work today, we went over the "Sysco" ordering... which is basically the purchasing of most ice cream products, paper products, and cleaning and sanitising inventories from Sysco, a wholesaler of ice cream products, paper... just a lot of stuff. So we're hopefully getting closer to having Andrea be able to take some time off. Hopefully.
Class was actually more fun that last week. We played a couple neato games... one was Needs and Wants, or something like that. It was a pretty good game, because characters always need something from each other in a scene... I mean, there has to be a reason why I, as an audience member, am watching these two characters interact. And one of those reasons is that the characters need something from each other... that's why those two characters have come together. Anyway... we also played a kind of fun game called Problems and Solutions. Two characters start a "normal" scene and a third person comes in creating a problem and then a fourth person comes in solving the problem. Sounds lame, right? Well... it can be pretty fun. Tevie and Bill started a scene where they were in a cab. What do you do there? I ran in front of it and got hit by the cab. Now remember, this is me... so when I got hit by that "cab"... I got fucking nailed by that cab. I "jogged" in front and then just took my legs out from under myself... and I hit the floor HARD. It was fun (I'm a bit of a sadist, ok?). But... all of our FAVORITE scene was when Sarah and Amy started a scene where they were in a restaurant, Sarah saying something about being "a vegetarian"... Adam comes in and says that "we're out of everything except for the house salad." I thought to myself "this isn't a problem, she's a vegetarian... I'll make it a problem!" so I came in the scene and said "Hey Mark, just a head's up... we're out of the house salad... but we DO have steaks. Steaks? We don't have mashed potatoes or anything, but we do have the steaks. And nobody here is a vegetarian, I'm sure. Ahh ha haaa!". Tim then came in and said (cryptically) "The shipment just came in, where do you want me to put it." So I said, "Over there... that's where we always put the... shipment." Keith then came in and said "Just a head's up fellas, we've finally got the mashed potatoes." Then Tim "We've got cheesecake" then Bill "The stove is out... just so you guys know" then Dave "We've got Ice Cream!"... Then I wrapped it up for the ladies at the table "We've got Cheesecake and Ice Cream, Steaks we can't heat, and Mashed potatoes"... Sarah said she just wanted desert and Amy said "I'll just have a glass of water," To which I responded "yeah... just so you know... " SCENE.
Funny, huh? And that scene consisted of 8 people of the 10 in class last night... which is one of the reasons I thought it was so funny... I mean, it's like we're all slowly getting on the same page. The bonding is probably more important than what we're doing in class... but it's still REALLY frustrating! I mean... we can tell... we can TELL that we're ready for more than what we're doing. It's just so damn frustrating.
Ran into Tony again today. Remember Tony, Hamburger Helper guy? This time I stopped him and said "I gave you a dollar yesterday, remember? Guinness hat? Remember?" And he was like "yeah"... but he gave me a "i don't know why that stops you from giving me money today" look... and I think I almost got violent. Heehee... no, seriously, violent. I'm totally going to let him know how I feel next time... as it's be half a dozen times now (that's 6 [six] times)... and he gives the same bullshit story each time. I mean... this last one was totally the last straw! He can "feed three people for two days" if he gets "$7.25." So, if I gave him money yesterday, what the hell happened to feeding his family for two days? I could have punched him... honestly... what the fuck? How can he always look disappointed? Even when he gets money... disappointed. I think I'll follow him around one night and see if anyone would miss him if I stabbed him and dropped him in an alley. This is not funny... this is how I feel.
That's really all i've got to say about that. I do want to answer the Navy question: "If someone wrote a book about your life, would anyone want to read it?" Well, Navy, I seem to be writing a book about my life... and more and more people are reading it. So go f--k yourselves... if that's allowed in the military. Have a crazy day!

"I used to look up, hand in hand with you, and see millions of beautiful stars
Now I walk by myself, and I don't see a single one" - JPS

No comments: