Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Do I even need to tell you how shitty it is to try to do improv with someone who's a little "festive"? Well... I'm going to anyway...
Ok... so... we all know how I feel about drunk people, right? I've kind of mellowed in my old age (or I'm just too busy hating other things). Anyway... Kent, in my improv class, showed up smelling a little like liquor. Not beer, something harder... regardless, he had a little alcohol on his breath. Ok... so... he became the most "I'm going to keep talking because I think I'm hilarious... and I'm not going to listen because what I'm saying is way better" person in the whole world. And, a sidenote, I think another reason why I hate drunk people so much is that they think they're SO FUNNY. Oh man... everything they say is the funniest thing ever. And, as a person who is actually funny (good-bye tact, hello ego), I take personal offense to someone who isn't funny who thinks they are. I mean, do I tell try to be more of a whore than you, dear reader? No... I know that I can't possible have animalistic sex with strangers with the same sense of... detachment and business as you do. I'm just not that good... that's why you're the filthy prostitute, and I'm the funny man. See? Everyone should keep to what they're good at... and you and I know our roles. Kent wasn't all that good when he was sober... but he SUCKED drunk. So keep away from the alcohol if you want to do something that involves: a) listening; b) humor; c) tact; or d) flames. That's just a little advice for you all. I'll just get off my soapbox now. >steps down<

Speaking of Second City, I heard that someone from the Second City Mainstage just got hired by Saturday Night Live. Liz Cackowski, I believe is the woman who got hired... and, if so, she's the woman who half reminds me of Susan and half reminds me of Karin. Like... she's the bastard daughter of the illegal Albion union of Susan and Karin. I ALSO heard that some dude from the Improv Olympic theatre also got hired. I think it's John Lutz... but I'm not sure. I haven't been up there to see them, but Adam from my class has and he loves their show. ALSO... there's a dude who used to be here who was hired by Mad TV, but he's not on the shows yet. His name is something like Keegan Michael something... it's three names. Neat, huh? You're in on all the SNL happenings before they happen... don't you feel important?
In other news... I feel as though I've lost someone today. I mean, it's not like she was ever mine... but I just get the feeling that things really won't ever be the way I want them to be... and that she's gone. And I really want to be happy for her, I do, but I'm too busy feeling sorry for myself, you know? And... it's like, I know I'll eventually be at a point where I can be happy for everyone who's happy. I want to be happy for happy people, it's something I'm working on. But I'm just not there. I mean, I saw two people kissing after the improv set tonight... and I kinda wanted to punch the dude. Not because I was jealous, but because I was jealous. See the subtle difference there? I've got nothing.

In other other news... money's tight. Lots of worrying about money going on here. I wasn't sure I was going to register for classes next term... for two reasons: 1) there was a possibility that my check could bounce... as it's $440 for my classes; 2) I'm not sure what I'm doing is what I should be doing now. I mean... most of the time I walk away from classes feeling unsatisfied, like I'm wasting my time and the money. What should I do instead? Well... I don't know. If you can answer that question, I'll give you the $440 instead of paying for classes next term. How's that sound? Good... it's a deal.
Now, I'm going to hit the hay (or shoot something) because I've failed for the past three or four days to be able to wake up and go to the grocery store. I mean, oatmeal and macaroni is great... but it really isn't three days of great, you know? Goodnight.

No comments: