Thursday, February 05, 2004

I went to the New Incubus CD, and a Rolling Stone's CD broke out
Yeah... I'm actually a little disappointed by the new Incubus CD. There are definitely songs that sound a little like the Rolling Stones to me. And we all know how I feel about the Rolling Stones. You would have to have the weirdest, crappiest taste in the world to like both the Rolling Stones AND Incubus... so... Hey Laura, check out the new Incubus CD. I know you'll like it >wink<.
So one of the first things I did today was go into the store. I did the "start of day/start of week" thing we have to do on the computer every Wednesday... and then was on my way out when I ran into Hannah. She's been gone since last Wednesday night, with her boyfriend Adam. >giggles< they were in Nebraska! Nebraska, how romantic! But, seriously, it was a trip for Hannah to meet a lot of Adam's friends... so it was kind of a big deal. And she was nervous (teehee... so cute!). Anyway... Hannah's back from the trip and we talked a little about her trip... but I was parked in front of a fire hydrent, so I didn't have lots of time. why was I driving? Well...
I went to Best Buy to buy myself something. I've been kind of in a rut... so I got myself something that will take my mind right out of that rut. I bought myself two (2) XBox games, each for $20 (twenty dollars). I purchased Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell and played it for a while in the afternoon. Who knew that I would be good at a game where you sneak up on people and shot them or attack them from behind? (Answer: Anyone who's ever played Halo with me) But Splinter Cell is a beautiful game... with fantastic lighting and shadowing AND realistic movement of certain hanging posters or blinds or plastics that move when Sam Fisher moves... It's a tres* neato game. I ALSO bought Brute Force... which is a Ken and John game. It is... it really is. The plot is terrible, the characters are stupid, the voice acting is sickening, and the script is mind-numbingly horrific! So... why did I buy it then? First of all... it was only $20 (see above). Secondly... it IS a Ken and John game in that the whole point is to run at things that are shooting you, and to shoot them. A lot. Lots of shooting them... heehee. That's the whole game... you go to different locations and shoot the living crap out of everything you see. It's fun... and it's a Ken and John game.

In other news... we're getting "Scooped" again soon. This is when someone from the Area Developers come into Coldstone and grade us on how well we're doing. the last time we got 97 out of 100... and Andrea really wants it to be that high again. So we've got work to do... >sigh<
I also want to touch on this before Ken does: After one season, ESPN has cancelled their series "Playmakers," in part because the NFL said it was portrayed by the show in a negative light. For as crappy as I thought the show was (sorry Ken)... I liked what it was trying to do. I mean, excuse me NFL, but there ARE homosexuals playing in the league and there IS homophobia... and there ARE drug users... and there ARE domestic abusers... so I'm sorry if it's portraying the league in a negative light... but you're allowing those kinds of people to play in your league because they play WELL and that's the bottom line. Poop on the NFL for being bastards about this.
And I'm sick of "Hey ya" by Andre 3000. It's not even a title that says anything! But I'm just sick of hearing it a million times. That's all.

*Tres is a registered trademark of Rhea Morlan. Any use without the express written consent of John Steeno or Miss Morlan (Ms. Morlan if you're nasty) is prohibited. (Happy now?, woman?!!)

"But I want something good to die for
To make it beautiful to live." - "Go With The Flow" Queen of the Stone Age

No comments: