Monday, February 02, 2004

CrazyJohn on how a good mood can turn $5 into $0
So I worked (actually worked serving people ice cream) for the first time in about three weeks this afternoon. And, as it was just me working, I got to take all the tip money... $4 singles and $1 even in change. Now I was in such a good mood on my way back to my apartment, that I listened to this dude's sob story about frozen gas tanks and evil gas stations... and I gave him my $4. He told me that I would get it returned "Seven-fold. It's true... when you get that twenty eight dollars, you'll know where it came from." He asked me where I worked (as when I handed him the money I said "this is my tip money for today.") so I told him I worked at ColdStone, the ice cream place. He told me he was going to get a shitload of ice cream and leave a huge tip. I don't really care that that's not true... it felt good.
And then I ran into Tony. Oh Tony... you remember Tony... he's Hamburger Helper guy (even Ken met Tony). I was STILL in a good mood... so I listened to his whole story again... and I gave him the change I had, which I didn't know was a whole dollar... but it didn't matter. I'm in a good mood.

Why the good mood? Four reasons: 1) Elizabeth and my boy Chris were training when I got into work. Chris feels like my very own... as he is the first person hired since I was. And Elizabeth wondered aloud if I had done something differently >pointing to her own "beard"< and I said that I hadn't, I was just lazy and didn't want to shave (which is true). Chris said that she meant that she thought I looked "cuter." This is funny... and as socially interactive as I've been in months. 2) Three words: Cinnimon Ice Cream! OH GOD is it good! Sweet shit it's yumalicious! 3) I mentioned to Andrea that Abby and I thought we could handle a full week without her, so that she could go on a vacation with her daughter. This, apparently, made her day. That, in turn, made me happy. Contrary to popular belief... I actually feel good when I make other people feel good... and it's been a very long time since that was able to happen. So, yeah... that felt good. Andrea will finally get her week off to spend with her daughter. And finally, 4) I'm excited about my script. I mean... it's been a long time since I've been this excited about something I've written. I finished it this afternoon... and I hope to have it read tonight (it's 7 pages instead of just 5... so we'll see!). If it gets a good response, I'll even post it :) And I have gotten three "I liked your script"s from the last one I posted. I even heard that it made someone laugh out loud! Hooray!

for right now... I have hamburgers and copies to make. Aloha!!!

No comments: