Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Where'd I go?
Where have I been? Hmm? The short answer is going crazy... or, should I say, "staying crazy." So crazy, in fact, that I decided to get Sunday and Monday off of work to drive home Sunday morning and spend pretty much just one day with my parents. I got to BR at around 3:30 Eastern Time, even though I left around 9 in the morning here in Chicago. Yeah... that's a long time. Anyway... my parents and I talked business... we talked classes... we talked taxes... we talked. We had a nice dinner, some nice dessert, and all we did was talk. My mom went to bed at a "normal people" time... and then my dad and I stayed up talking until (I kid you not) 3 in the morning. I then woke up at 7 in the morning to have breakfast with the rents and then I left for Chicago around 9 Eastern Time. So I spent less than 24 hours with my parents... but that's ok. It was something I needed... very very badly. I just needed someone to tell me that I wasn't wasting my time... that I was doing a good job... that I should just keep going at it. Maybe someone to hug me and tell me I'm not a burden... that I'll figure things out... that I can be happy again if I just keep working at it. And, for the most part, I got that... so I'm good, for now.

So I bought the OLD LOTRs Video Game (The Two Towers). In it, there's an interview with Elijah Wood about what he thought of the video game process (as he was asked to voice his character Frodo). In the interview, Wood talks about loving action figures and video games... and calling the fact that he is a part of that a "total geek bonus." Now, anyone who REALLY knows me, knows that I secretly (not any more) want my own action figure... so Elijah and I are on the same page. So much so, in fact, that he was born exactly a month after I was (January 28, 1981). Trippy, huh?
Speaking of a geek bonus... I just got something at work that I'm really happy about and that you all are going to think is totally lame: Business Cards. That's right, kiddies, I've got my own business cards now. Completing the TOTAL sold-out-ness of my position and putting me, roughly, on par with Randrew Heatherman Heathman Jackson County (I just kept giving her names as we went along, didn't I?). Heehee... Randi's such a sell-out.

And finally... after being in those damn improv classes for almost four months, we finally played a game that actually feels like my class has gotten somewhere. The game is called freeze or switch... and the reason I'm so excited about it is that the mainstagers (that's what I call them, anyway) play this very same game at the end of every improv set. So it feels like we've finally done something that translates onto the stages... and I'm as excited as I can be about it. >blank expression< That's all you're gettin', sports fans.

No comments: