Saturday, February 28, 2004

What a way to start the day!
Nothing says "Rise and Shine" quite like a phone call from the Big Boss Man @ 10:20 in the morning on a Saturday. And, contrary to popular belief, he didn't just call to chat... he wanted to meet... with me... with just me. If I was an easily frightened man, I would be worried about our impending meeting, but, fortunately for me, I AM an easily frightened man.
Right... anyway... Thursday's beautiful thing: Sunset over the el. It was the most beautiful urban scene I've ever seen... and I say urban because that was part of it's beauty. It was the contrast... it was, I don't know, it was beautiful.
Anyway... I saw this scene on the way to work. How ironic that I would be on my way to work... that's not funny. Anyway, I was on my way to work, like I do, and I had a great plan for the evening: how about making more ice cream! How about making 6 cases of ice cream? Sounds like an even better plan... sounds like something I could do from 5:30 until midnight, doesn't it? Well... that's what I did. At midnight I was privileged enough to let the pest control guy, Keith, in. That was fun. He and I hung out for about half an hour... and then I finally got to go home about quarter to one. How much fun am I having? Not enough fun... as I hadn't finished making the appropriate amount of ice cream.
Friday morning I was able to go into the store and finish... making ice cream!!! So, while I was making the ice cream, at 11 in the morning, having not shaved and not showered, wearing a t-shirt, jeans, and a backwards Wisconsin hat... Andrea and her daughter, Julia, came in. Andrea was beeming... radiant... the week of rest showed, she looked relaxed, jovial, in a fantastic mood. THAT was what was beautiful about Friday... seeing how one week with her daughter could make her so happy. And Julia and I talked a bit... she's a wonderfully cute kid... we talked horses, and how she likes coffee flavored ice cream, and about her dog and how he drools and sheds and how much that's like me... cute cute cute kid. I think the funniest part of the whole situation was the HUGE contrast between how I looked and how Andrea looked. I looked like crap, even for me... and she looked great.
Anyway... I left work at two or three or some time... I have no idea when it was... and then I went back to my apartment. I ate something and around 4:30 or 5 I took a nap... and I just couldn't wake up. I set my alarm and kept hitting snooze... I was just too tired to get up. But I had to make a phone call and head into the store to check on things. That's what I did. Jonathan and I talked about some work things, and he and Greg were going to go see "The Passions" movie, and he wanted to know if I wanted to go (friends!)... and I got bananas (this is interesting, huh? I can't believe you're actually still reading this) and refilled spoons and cups. Then I talked with Elizabeth >blush< really quickly and got outta there. It's been such a long week for me... and seeing that Andrea's back, even if she's not working, was SUCH a relief. She's not going to work again until tomorrow (Sunday) and I'll already be there meeting with the Big Boss Man... so tomorrow will be nice.
What about today? Will today be nice? I don't know... It would be nice to be able to do my dishes, and organize my closets (how gay does THAT sound? Not very... but it DOES sound like I don't want to go on that date with you), and figure out something to do with that table >points< and all the shit I keep piled on it >plugs nose<.

No comments: