Friday, April 29, 2005

The Day I Took On Chicago...
Is every day, according to a very important person. But, in particular, it was yesterday. I tried to make yesterday a good day... and a good day hit me anyway. I didn't even have to try. Here's why...
1) I went to the bank Thursday morning. There was nothing out of the ordinary that occurred in the transaction... but, when the young woman handed me my receipt for the transaction, I thanked her (normal for me)... and I'm almost positive she winked at me. It was so quick that I'm not sure if she winked or not... but I'm about 80% sure she winked at me. And she was attractive enough to make me blush. I'm not sure why she winked at me... maybe because she noticed me checking out her chest? Um... whoops. I was looking at her like "that" because she had a wide face that made me think the rest of her was going to be bigger... but she actually had an athletic frame. So I was surprised to look from her face to... the rest of her (which is only the top half when you're talking to someone over the bank's counter). *Nods* Maybe she noticed... maybe not, but I'm pretty sure that she winked at me. And I know that I blushed.
2) When I got back to my apartment, I had two pieces of mail. The first was a mass mailing from Bed, Bath and Beyond. I only mention this because of an item contained within the mailing. They are now selling what they call an "Old Fashioned Frozen Granite Stone Ice Cream Mixing Set." Hey... I didn't name it. Anyway, if you look at it, you'll see it closely resembles something I used in my last job (and no, it's not a broom sans lubricant to fuck myself in the ass). Yeah... it looks just like a little Cold Stone... complete with the spades. If I was making any money at all, I'd be tempted to buy it for myself. I think it would be fun to be able to mix ice cream again... I think I'd probably still be pretty good at it. AND, the best part to me is the price. If people can buy their own cold stone for less than $20... why would they wait in line for an hour to buy ice cream from an over-priced, shitty franchise? They wouldn't. HA! Isn't that great?! That made me feel better. And, in another CS related story, Adam asked me if I wanted to work at Coldstone again... and I told him that I'd rather "castrate myself." And I would... so that made me feel good, too.
3) The other piece of mail was a card (well, more like a letter) from a friend. It was Godsend... perfect timing.
4) Then, tonight, I went to class. I talked with my instructor, Tim, about my apprehensions about being gone for the level 2 audition. I told him, in no uncertain terms, that I'm worried that I'm going to get hosed by the system by not being there. He asked me if I had been going to other classes (like I haven't... but I'm going to). He basically told me that he'd stick up for me and that, as long as I do what I'm supposed to do (going to other classes) I shouldn't worry about it. I am, somehow, going to find a way to worry about it, though. That's just me. But, at least for the next few days... I'm going to take his advice and not give it a second thought.
5) And the rest of class tonight was good. We did three person scenes... with no suggestions. We just went up, looked at each other, and started something. My scene was with two other guys and it turned into a 'frat house' scene. When I sat down, after the scene, Karen said that it was a good scene. And I value her opinion because she teaches theatre, and we've talked about theatre before and she really knows her stuff. So that made me feel pretty good. Then, during a montage, I said a couple things during one scene that got HUGE laughs. And I was just being honest. Honesty is the best policy... even in improv.

No comments: