Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Puss In Boots
I finally sat down and watched Shrek 2 today. I thought it was cute, though the first movie referenced fairy tales and this movie focused on referencing other movies, for some reason. The sequel had allusions to Alien, Spider-Man, and even the city of Hollywood itself. But, for me, the whole movie was made by Antonio Banderas as Puss in Boots. Aww... so cute and cute and funny and cute. So, imagine my surprise and elation to see that not only has Banderas signed on for Shrek 3 (scheduled to be released in 2007), but that they are making a Puss In Boots movie (scheduled to be released in 2008). Did I, perhaps, like Puss in Boots because as a supporting character he had the freedom to do whatever he wanted? Maybe... and maybe his own movie won't be so good as a result. And maybe my affection for supporting cast members is indicative of my own almost constant casting as "supporting" rather than "lead." I don't know. You tell me... you're the doctor! >Angry yelling face< I'm just telling you that I finally got to see that movie and here you are yelling at me. That's gratitude for you.

No comments: