Tuesday, April 26, 2005

I Called It
This is the last post I'm going to write while I should be writing my screenplay, but I just had to put my two cents on this while it's still fresh in my mind. Here is a story about how George Lucas attended his first Star Wars convention in 17 years to make an announcement: Spin-off Star Wars TV shows in the works. It is supposedly because of the popularity of the Cartoon Network Clone Wars cartoons (I'll tell you the real reasons in a second), that Lucus is planning to produce a 3-D animation/action cartoon series which expands from the Clone Wars mini-series (which I unfortunately wasted a great deal of time watching). Bigger news than that? Lucas says that a LIVE-ACTION Star Wars spin-off is in the works. That show would take place (get this) in the time between Episode III and Episode IV.
Did I call it or what? I told anyone willing to listen that Lucas WASTED precious time in the first movie, and that he's obviously been racing to catch up to HIS OWN STORY ever since. Too much happens to Anakin in the prequels for us to waste an entire movie on him as a child. And, honestly, did we ever really like the child Anakin?... who grows up to be the biggest bad-ass the universe has ever seen? Please. That would be like trying to follow the child Hitler, and trying to show us that he "wasn't such a bad guy" when he was younger. The first movie failed miserably... and killed off the greatest Star Wars universe character EVER (Darth Maul) like a bitch. *ANGER* So now there's just too damn much of his story to tell in just one more movie... so he's thinking about making a spin-off. Possibly the worst part of all of this is the ravenous consumption of his feces that will be perpetrated by yours truly. "New Star Wars stuff? Must have! Must have!" I am SUCH an idiot.
Although I didn't TOTALLY call it. I thought Lucus would release "Star Wars: Episode 3.5"... but he has, instead, opted to continue his story on the small screen. Interesting. I suppose there's more money to be made by having a TV series than by releasing another movie...? Or did he figure the true fans would castrate him if he tried to release a seventh movie? Your guess is as good as mine. But look for this guy *points to self* to waste more of your precious time on this story in the future.

No comments: