Wednesday, April 27, 2005

FREE Therapy
Well, the therapy isn't free... but it seems like it is. In my Intro to TV and Film class, I'm pitching a movie based on my summer trip West spent with Nick. There are portions of my life which I've condensed and squeezed into this movie pitch. And I have found that by pitching the story, I'm getting good feedback into the motives of the people in my life, and I'm finding out my own 'hidden' motives. I'm actually finding out quite a bit about myself, through retrospect and under a curious 'secret identity' of sorts. "Why is this important to the main character?", "Why doesn't he *blank* when faced with *blank*?"... it's all fantastically useful.
There is one member of the class, my friend Robert, who knows the truth behind my screenplay. As a matter of fact, after class Robert and I went up north to a bar that sells $1.50 PBRs (I KNOW!)... so a few beers later ("a few chicken Mcnuggets and lies later...") and we were both spilling the beans behind our respective personal lives. Robert's a really nice guy... and he had some good ideas behind how I could move my 'screenplay' forward. Oh... we all know what I'm talking about, don't we? Yeah... that's right: Free theropy.

No comments: