Saturday, December 20, 2003

Highlights of the night (quickly as it's late and I have to open tomorrow morning)
~Finally got my schedule over the holidays... moron that later.
~Some dude ordered Twenty-One (21!!!) BUCKETS of ice cream for a party he was throwing for over a hundred people... he spent $207 and gave us no tip.
~District "inspector" showed up and inspected the store... gave us a 97/100 which is fantastic!!! Far better than the scores of the previous owners. My manager was happy for us all.
~Night was so slow that we were able to close in just over an hour (as opposed to the hour and a half or two hours it seems to normally take).
~Went to "dinner" afterwards with Abby from work at Michael's North (Ken... wish I had known about this place when you were here... it's open 24 hours a day and the food is great. Like a Dennys... only edible).
~Walked Abby home through a "shady" part of the neighborhood... but found a beautiful Catholic church (St. Michaels if memory serves). Still felt scared... even though I had sanctuary.

That's pretty much it... my hands got as dry as they've been since I moved here because of all the dishes I had to do tonight (a dude ordered 21 BUCKETS!!! Come on! There were dishes!)... and my back hurts whenever I do dishes... I have to slouch or something, I don't know why.

I need sleep... I'm tired. But I'm excited to go make Christmas cookies tomorrow at Megans!!! And it sounds like she's going to have Jason Worms and Maddie there too (since we're getting a huge fuck-off 15 foot sub from Subway... or something), so that should be fun... it'll be like a Christmas party with people I actually want to hangout with. Weird, huh?
Gotta get to sleep... Did I tell you about the dream when I was being chased by Vampire Zombies? It even started out with me saving people from a burning building... but it ended with me wielding a shotgun. I hate dreams... yes, Ken, which is why I'm in Chicago. Goodnight

No comments: