Monday, December 15, 2003

Your dog hates that thing you put on it...
or Why do you hate your dog that much?

You live in Chicago... your dog does too... but that doesn't mean you can put some stupid-ass sweater on your dog. I mean, get a long haired dog if you're going to live in someplace cold like Chicago. And, if you for some reason can't buy a long-haired dog... just don't dress it up... let the dog tough it out! They were made, they evolved to be outdoors... in the elements... so don't be stupid! Please! You are embarrassing your dog!
Speaking of evolution... I've got something I was thinking about for a while to share with you all... and here we go:
Rudolph the Red-Nosed reindeer: Pro-evolution or Pro-punctuated equilibrium? You decide.
So... Rudolph's freakish nose saves Christmas. Well... since Rudolph's nose is such a "good trick," I'm sure he'll get lots of female reindeer pregnant... thereby passing his "good trick" on to generations of red-nosed reindeer who can subsequently save future Christmases. Is the song trying to say that the red-nosed reindeer are the evolved form of normal reindeer... better suited to life in the foggy North Pole?
Or, does the song subscribe to Stephen J. Gould's punctuated equilibrium? Reindeer have been moving along at the same level for so long... and then >BAM< a new kind of reindeer is born... a better reindeer. Now Rudolph... who is the greater reindeer, will take over all the other reindeer and will become what we know as "reindeer".
Either way... watch out Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixon, Comit, Cupid, Donner, and Blitzen... your ass is grass... and there's a new reindeer in town. You're obsolete... Santa's lovin' himself some Rudolph.

And I'm lovin' myself some... uh... me? I don't know... it doesn't matter. FINALLY got my schedule for next week... I'm working Friday the 19th through Tuesday the 23rd... every damn day. And I get to do my favorite (sarcasm) thing... which is closing one night and opening the next. I do that every day... close then open then close then open. Crap... that's what that is. Mmwah to all who are having more fun than I will be (which is everyone)... have a good night :)

No comments: