Monday, December 29, 2003

The big Two Three
Wow... well... the game went well. I can't even accurately describe the atmosphere in Lambeau field near the end of the Packers game, when we had heard that Arizona had pulled off the miracle win over the stupid stupid Vikings. The Cardinal win and the Packers' blowout win moved the Packers from perhaps missing the playoffs (due to a Seahawk win and a Cowboy loss... it's complicated) to winning the NFC North Division and getting to play a home game next weekend (which my dad and mom will be at... stupid them having money and me having none)... in a matter of seconds. It was electric... it was magic... it was one hell of a cosmic birthday present.
I also had SUCH a great talk with my sister on the way there and back. It was so good... and it's obvious that we'll be close for the rest of our lives... even if I'm in stupid Chicago and she's somewhere else equally stupid. >sigh<
I wanted to thank Nate, Jason, and Amber for sending me birthday greetings... and give a special thanks to Mr. John Sellers, Karen, Sarah, Rhea and Jean, and Jim (who needed a little reminding) who called to wish me a happy birthday. Unfortunately, none of you were the first to do so... Amie was (which is weird if you're following this at home).
And, while I thank everyone who did wish me a happy birthday, I'm a little upset at those who didn't do anything. I mean, there are people who I sent cards to, or even bought gifts for, on their birthdays.... and nothing on mine. I guess there isn't anything that better indicates who your real friends are than those who purposefully do nothing on your birthday (I assume it's purposeful... I bitch constantly about having a birthday so close to Christmas... everyone who has ever talked to me, or gotten close to me knows this).

Anyway... I talked with my manager Andrea tonight. She wished me a happy birthday, gave me a raise, and asked me if I was looking for something with a little more responsibility (key holder or even a managerial tract). She was also pretty surprised that I'm "only" 23... which was weird, as she knows (or I thought she did) that I just graduated. So I told her that I was going to have to think about it... as I have been thinking as of late that I really don't want to work there anymore. I mean... I might as well be a "keyholder" because I'm one of the more responsible people who work there anyway, I might as well have a title to go with my anal-ness.

Whatever... I'll have a few days to think about it. I'm headed back to MI tomorrow morning, and then to Saginaw for New Years. I want to wish everyone a Crazy New Year... and I'll probably post a "best of 2003" and maybe some "New Year's Resolution" things as well. That would be fun. Speaking of fun... sleep is fun, and something I hardly do anymore. So goodnight all.

No comments: