Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Improv round one: finished... Looking back
Yeah... I'm done with my first term of Beginning Improv at the Second City Training Center here in Chicago... and it doesn't seem real. I was telling a friend on the phone earlier tonight (hi Mike) that it was anti-climactic... and I really don't feel much better at anything than when I started. Was it fun? Yes. Was it almost $300 worth of fun? Shit no... that kind of fun can only be had in Vegas (hi Ken).
Some noteworthy improv games: Dr. Know-It-All, Whirlwind, and anything where people got to do the voices for other people who were acting out a scene.

Something completely unrelated that I heard: "Humor is the only test of gravity, and gravity of humor; for a subject which will not bear raillery is suspicious, and a jest which will not bear serious examination is false wit." -Aristotle
Boy, that Aristotle and his dualistic correlations!

On a different note... it has come to my attention that I'm in a rut. Part of this has to do with the fact that I was supposed to write a sketch a while ago, and am now down to writing the whole thing in one day; part of it has to do with the time of year (Christmas and the forced euphoria); part of it has to do with the city; part with not meeting anyone really exciting or interesting; part with an irregular work schedule; part with money; part with not having food here; and a whole lot has to do with women, past and present (but no future). Am I going to get into any of this? No... do you think I'm someone who shares things??? (>scrolls down page< "shit!")
I'm just really tired of everything... I don't know how else to put it. I guess I'll just go to bed.... sounds like a plan. Goodnight...

No comments: