Friday, December 12, 2003

Random post: CrazyJohn earns his keep
Yesterday was the most boring work day ever. More people came in for gift certificates than for the actual ice cream... and a lot of the people who DID come in for the ice cream, wanted a pint or a quart to go. No one in the greater Chicagoland area was actually eating ice cream yesterday... except for me! The day was so slow that I finally sampled every ice cream that we sell (except for coffee because that's gross). I can say that all our flavors are really REALLY disgustingly good. Disgustingly... good.
Speaking of disgusting... we put a plastic shield over the ice cream at night. Apparently, two nights ago the shield broke and shattered over the ice cream... so we couldn't sell that ice cream, but it was probably still good. So I was able to bring home a whole bucket of strawberry and banana ice cream yesterday. That was cool... a whole bucket!!!
Speaking of cool... I created a Laura Kraly special ice cream last night. I call it "Badass in Black" (the more you make badass sound like "back" the better) and it consists of Double Dutch Chocolate Ice Cream, Black Cherries, Brownie, and Fudge. You could substitute chocolate chips or Oreo... but only those mix ins, as the point is to keep the ice cream as dark as possible... because Laura only wears black... like a big lameo :)
Speaking of lame... Coldstone got "retrofitted". Instead of yellow wallpaper, we've got red wallpaper and BIG pictures with people's faces and ice cream and it's scary. SCARY! They look all psychotic over the ice cream... and their eyes have those colored contacts which make your eyes look like they have fake color. Right... that's for lame people who don't have pretty baby-blue eyes like mine :)
Speaking of reasons to kill me... I was almost late for work yesterday. And the reason I was almost late was... my elevator. That's right... I waited for at least five minutes to get into my elevator yesterday (have to... as you can't get to the ground floor from the stairs... security thing, I think). When I got into the elevator, finally, I saw my apartment manager who said simply "Something's wrong" and I hesitantly entered the elevator... Embracing the horrific death that I was sure to come.
Speaking of longing for death... I remember a time when I REALLY wanted to have to wake up before I wanted to. And, now that I have stupid work, I have to wake up before I want to... on days that I work. But today I was able to sleep in until almost noon and it was great! That's why it's important to have to do things that you don't want to do, so that when you're able to do whatever you want, you really appreciate it. So... yes... remember the Yin and Yang, the balance to the universe... whenever things aren't going well... just remember that things will come back around. Unless, of course, you've had a great beginning to your life... in which case you need to have 22 years of crap to balance your life. Hmm... see how I was able to take this from positive to negative? I'm very good like that.
Hope you're having a crazy week :)

No comments: