Monday, December 01, 2003

CrazyJohn on being understaffed (a far too common problem for me)-
Hey kiddies... I know I didn't write anything last night... and that's because we were one person short last night. We only had three, instead of the normal four people, and two of the three of us were new (me and Aaron [or Erin, I don't know how he spells it]). So I had only closed the store twice, and he had only closed the store once... AND we were only three people... AND we had a couple extra things to do since it was a Sunday night and we do a couple extra things on a weekly basis. So, if you're going to feel bad for anyone in this story, feel bad for Abby, the manager that night. She had to explain everything to two "new-bies" while being understaffed. Sucks to be her last night!
So, after my first weekend of work at Coldstone, I made over $20 in tips (yes, just for serving ice cream and being my normal smooth and interesting self)... and I still have yet to work with someone who I don't like. Saturday night was the best night, though, because the two other guys working can both really sing (one's a high tenor and the other guy's a low tenor or baritone) so with me singing bass, we sounded really good. We actually sounded good. And singing again was lots of fun! Oh... and we served ice cream or whatever :P

In other news, I'd like to comment on something mentioned on someone else's blog. In that blog, the writer mentioned being jealous of a young couple buying a Christmas tree. And, my comment is: Yeah... that does suck. I was on my way to work Saturday night and I had to watch young couples walk up and down the streets, walking hand-in-hand. I was stuck behind one couple who was walking hand-in-hand very slowly... and I found myself very jealous. Here I am, walking to work, and they're lazily strolling around the city in relationship bliss. After a few blocks, I couldn't take it and I sped up to pass them. But, yeah, the moral of this story is that people who are happy always suck.

Also, can I say that I love surprises? I DO! I love surprises!!!
Plus... Jim interviewed me about this very blog! So this blog is now world famous! (or just more famous than it was before)
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving... and it's nice to see people back online... not so lonely... yeah... Good luck with the last couple weeks of school, kiddies.

No comments: