Wednesday, June 09, 2004

From upset to nostalgic... all in one evening!
Last night we had yet another combined Improv class. The other instructor, Stewart, said he only had four people... even though when we went next door, I counted to six. He then proceeded to talk about how his lesson plans basically aren't long enough to work with "only" six people, and that he wouldn't mind combining classes once my real instructor, Jen Bills, comes back. I honestly could have punched this man. His "lesson plans" won't work with six people? Six people being two less than the minimum of people? That's f--king bullshit, excuse me. My last instructor, Claudia, often didn't have more than 6 people, and it worked fine... we went through all the games and scenes twice instead of just once. By going through it twice, you get such a better understanding of how it's supposed to be played and what you could do better. I honestly have no respect for Stewart... I think I'm a better improver, and I'd probably be a better teacher. He can suck it... the stupid little bitch.
Rewind is a new performance game that we played... which is almost exactly like the "Having a Baby" skit I did years and years ago. It's a bit of going back and doing the scene again, mixed with the "movie styles" Who's Line game. It's a pretty cool improv game... but too bad I only got to go through it once.
After class, I stopped into Coldstone (like I do... when I'm me). The high schooler with the crush on me, Emily, wanted to head to 3rd Coast with me. 3rd Coast is a wine and coffee bar... which I didn't know even existed, but they do. In addition to the wine and the coffee, they have greasy breakfast food all day (all day includes 2 in the morning... but not 3). Anyway, I had a breakfast sandwich which reminded me a lot of the famed Moons Over My Hammy of JEJ fame. It was fun... and it really made me miss Albion, and late night Denny's runs. >sniffle< I'm fine.

No comments: