Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Stupid Counter-Strike!
So I bought Counter-Strike and Return to Castle Wolfenstein yesterday for my half-birthday... and I stupidly stayed up until 3 last night/this morning playing Counter-Strike! I couldn't help it... it was just what I was looking for: a short/violent first-person shooter. I'm dyin' here waitin' for Halo 2. And Counter-Strike is right up my alley because I can play a short game whenever I have time, and I'm not so good that I never die, but I'm not so bad that there isn't a point in playing. It's a good thing... Oh Martha!
Last night in my writing class, we went and saw two Level 5 Conservatory shows. Once you hit level 5 of the Conservatory, you perform every Monday night... and that's when other directors can come and ask you to be in their shows (or whatever). So last night we saw two of them... and my assignment for the week after July 4th is to re-write one of those scenes as I would write it. Basically, it's not plagiarism... but it's damn close. I'm using an existing scene and "making it my own". I think it's a pretty sweet assignment. Way better than trying to create something from someone else's stories (because no one I know has stories... or something).
That's all I have for now... today should be a pretty busy day, even though I won't have class tonight. It's a great day for ice cream!

No comments: