Thursday, June 17, 2004

Random useless stuff (which is both this post, and what my job consists of)
My Improv Class Tuesday night was, again, combined... and it's really starting to piss me off. No offense to anyone in the other class... they have some great improvisers. There's John, Nate, Katie, and Ben who are really good, not to mention the two people (Mike and Sam) who were going to switch to our class anyway. What bothers me the most is that, instead of running through an exercise twice, like last term, we only get to do it once because the class is now so large. So that really upsets me, because the first time you play a game there are a lot of things about it that you don't know... and you could do it "better" if you got to do it again. Last term we did get to do it again, but this term not-so-much. Stupid communists. (huh?)
Today, Thad and I worked my arms and back. And he felt as though it was time to try free weights... yikes. Basically, instead of doing a shoulder press at like 110 or whatever I was lifting before, I was like "Oh God... 15 pound weight. Can't... do it". And that's always cool... to look like a huge wuss. I think I was doing like 130 on the chest press machine, but we learned very quickly that anything over 90 is too hard for me to bench in reps. Long (boring) story short, I felt humbled by the fact that lifting weights, and doing so in a way that makes it look easy, is extremely hard to do. And squats are hard too, but that's another story.
Today was Adams birthday (Adam from work and class). He called me tonight from Kamehachi... so I went and met him and his roommate Chip. I have never had sushi before, so tonight was a first. I got some kind of sample plate thing... with salmon, tuna, whitefish, shrimp, some kind of egg thing, some kind of octopus thing, and some kind of tuna roll thing. Was it good? Yeah... sort of. While I was eating it, I just kept thinking "I think I'd like this more if it was hot". And I probably would have... because that's what I was thinking the whole time (duh). I think that I had a hard time mentally feeling as though my stomach was being filled since the food was cold. As we all know, eating is 90% mental.
After my sushi experience, Chip, Adam, and I went to Dave and Busters. Now... Dave and Busters is a place that is awesome. There's no other word to describe it. It's two levels of bars, pool tables, and video games. We basically could have stayed there all night, but it closed early for some reason, and they kicked us all out a little after 12. The good news is that Dave and Busters is honestly like a block from my house... and they card you at the door, so you don't have to keep getting carded by the bartender. A man could spend days there... days.

No comments: