Saturday, June 26, 2004

THE Raise
I have now completely resigned myself to the shittyness of my Improv class. Don't get me wrong, my teacher is awesome. Jen Bills is fantastic! That actually makes things worse... as I would be growing so much in my improv if I had a more one-on-one kind of situation. Not one-on-one per se, but if there was only 6 to 8 of us and Jen could focus her attention on us... that would be so invaluable. Jen is incredible at characters and characterization, and I would really benefit from her knowledge if she actually got to spend some time talking about me and what I could personally do better. Stupid stupid class >shakes head<.
I just saw a commercial for Fahrenheit 9/11, which I didn't think was going to be coming out in the States. But I am most definately going to go see it... and I'm sure it'll be playing somewhere in Chicago. My friend Adam Traum, actually saw it... and Miss Amber Buck saw it too (amazingly enough there are moving talking pictures in Muncie).
In response to recent events, I must retract a previous statement. Ken is not a wuss... for now. Until he wusses out on something else. And he's talked to her, but he still hasn't asked her out. So he's just on the cool-guy side of wuss.
The NBA Draft was this past Thursday. The Pistons had almost the last pick in the draft, and got a rookie from the fightin' Kaiman's who may or may not help this season. Basically, we've still got Darko to come in and make a difference next year... so, in essence, the Pistons really do have a top draft pick coming in next season. A team that really helped themselves who even I'm excited about is the Chicago Bulls. The Bulls got Gordon, Deng, and Duhon who will probably be starting 2, 3, and a back-up to Hinrich respectively. Now, if Eddie Curry and Tyson Chandler would actually play like NBA stars instead of like High Schoolers drafted three years ago... then maybe the Bulls could hit .500 this year (which, in the East, is probably good enough to get you into the playoffs [but, having said that, Detroit, Indiana, New Jersey, Miami, Cleveland, Milwaukee, and probably New York will all make the playoffs next year {baring serious injuries} so that really doesn't leave much room for other teams {the Celtics may or may not be able to get their act together enough under Doc Rivers to make a playoff run... so watch for them, too}]).

And now, for the big news. I finally got a raise. Not just any raise: THE raise. I am now a salaried employee of the High Focus Group. I'm not going to talk numbers (because that would be bastardly), but I will say that I'm going to be getting roughly about twice as much per paycheck... and I won't have to worry about writing down my hours or what counts as work and what doesn't. I can simply focus on the company and what I need to do to make everything work (which is my job... making EVERYTHING work).
Speaking of which, two nights ago I was up until about 2 in the morning downloading tons of stuff for work. Additionally, I need to be an Excel genius to figure out Coldstone's labor scheduling Excel spreadsheet. I'm very close to being an Excel genius... but I'm not quite. This is the unfortunate side of my job: If I'm supposed to be the person who can figure this stuff out, and I can't... then there's no one for me to go to so that I may learn how to figure it out. I just have to figure it out myself. And, before I was salaried, I felt guilty (Catholic) when I would take company time to figure out how something as simple (relatively) as an Exel spreadsheet works when there are people just upstairs on the stone busting their asses to satisfy customers. So hurray for salaries, because now I don't need to feel guilty about doing any of my miscellaneous useless/random tasks!

No comments: