Wednesday, June 02, 2004

It's June! It's June!
Guess what kiddos: It's June! June is a month that is after May... but before July. That's where we are now in this country.
Anyway... mah Pistons are in the NBA Finals! Unfortunately, I don't think they stand much of a chance. I think that the Spurs are probably a better team that the Pistons, and they only lasted 6 games against the Lakers. My craptacular prediction is the Lakers in 5. However... if the Pistons can somehow win one of the first two games in LA, then I think they can win the series in 6. But I really think it's going to take an LA injury, or some kind of inner-team turmoil for the Pistons to pull out this series. I was reading a few things on ESPN.com about the Finals, and they seem to think that the Piston's lack of scoring will be the reason why they can't win. That comes from someone who obviously has never seen a Pistons game this playoff season. What was the big thing when they faced the Nets? Can they score enough points. Who won that series? Um... hello?! The Pistons score "enough" points... and, last time I checked, all you had to do to win a game was score more points by the end of the game than the other team. This is not rocket science people... if their defense is good enough to stop other team's offenses, then guess who doesn't need to score a lot of points? Geez!
What else? I just realized that there are a bunch of people I need to call back, but I'm unsure as to when I'll actually have time to do that. Perhaps Friday or Saturday... but I'll be trying to write those days, as my Sundays are now going to be full. Did I mention that I used 2,400 off-peak minutes last month? I'm on that mother f--king phone all the time... I think I used another 600 peak minutes... for a grand total of 3,000 minutes of talk time. That's right kiddies, I was on the phone for over two straight days (50 hours!) in the month of May... and it's still not enough. There are still people I need to call back or I just need to call period. Ahh!
In other news, I start my regular personal training sessions with Thad today. He's going to have me hop on the treadmill (puke!) and run for a while... and then we're going to talk about nutrition and supplementation (or something). I can't wait >sort of rolls eyes<.

No comments: