Friday, June 11, 2004

I'm a pervert, but not as big a pervert as other dudes
Pistons won again last night... looking incredibly awesome again. They shut down Kobe and even kept Shaq in check by forcing him to commit stupid fouls (he had five by the end of the game). Malone was a punk bitch, as normal... and Payton is REALLY showing his age. I think that the 'role players' of the Lakers haven't stepped up... because they don't know how to. The Lakers have always been about Kobe and Shaq... and the other players on the team don't know how to step up, because they haven't had to. Fisher could step it up... and Shaq is right when he said that Bryan Russell should get some playing time. But I think something encouraging is happening: all the sports reporters and the hype surrounding the finals has been focusing on how great of a TEAM the Pistons are. I hope that the Pistons can win so that the focus of the NBA goes back to how great TEAMS can be... when everyone puts the team ahead of the individual. It's the kind of focus that the NBA has been missing since the 80s, and something that LeBron surprised me with this year(how well he gets other members of his team into the game). TEAMS ROCK!
As I was on my way to the gym yesterday, a late forties looking man stopped me very close to my building. He was Russian (or some kind of Slavic nation) and his English is best described as hesitant. He started by saying "Do you live around here?". I, of course, am too much of a small town idiot to lie (which is what I probably should've done), and I felt bad for this dude who was obviously not from around here. So I didn't lie. He proceeded to ask me "Do you know where an X... X... X... store?" My jaw may have dropped... but I tried to play it cool. "Um... there's Bijou which is past the light and past a stop sign on this side of the street. You'll pass a bicycle shop and a pub... and it's right there." Okay, we're done, right? Well... the way to my gym is past Bijou. So we started walking the same way. And the dude keeps talking to me, like... he's trying to justify why he's going to the sex shop. "I have to pick up something for friend" and I just started walking faster. trying to get away from the pervert. the pervert who wasn't me. for once.

Speaking of which, it rained here almost all night last night. I was walking with Andrea last night, after work... and I started smiling. I don't know how to say this properly... but wet blondes can't help but being hot. And I mean hot. All blondes... all they need to do is get wet to be hot. It's true... you find me a blonde, I'll get her wet and show you a way hot hottie.
Which leads me to this... Miss Feder (whatever Feder) had an excellent post on her LJ recently. It's entitled "Feminism" and she makes excellent points about women being forced to see themselves in the media through men's eyes. Also about how everyone should be a feminist because feminism is NEEDED (For moron this, head here). But I would like to add this (as a collective breath is being held by everyone who knows how stupid I get when I try to talk). Let's not forget that women are inherently attractive and men are not. It's true... let's not forget to celebrate that women, all women, are beautiful... and that all men look like vomit. Except for Brad Pitt... we can treat him like a piece of meat, I'm fine with that. And Orlando Bloom is only attractive because he looks like a woman (it's true). So, don't forget to celebrate the beauty that is woman... all women are beautiful. Let a woman know tomorrow just how beautiful she is.
Unfortunately, I have to stay ignorant and bigoted or else I'll lose my way. I won't know who I am anymore... I have to stay a bigot, I'm sorry ladies. I am the balance of the universe (What?! How does that make any sense?! [Hey! Who said that?] {Um... nevermind? >runs outside to car, drives away<}]).

No comments: