Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Pistons... WOW!!!
That was an awesome series. And the uninformed Laura is right... the Pistons won as a team. I think it's an incredible step FORWARD for basketball to have these Detroit Pistons as champions. Maybe their win, coupled with the Spurs' continued success... will lead to a renaissance in the NBA: Back to the great "teams" of the 80s. And, I hate to admit it, but I love the way LeBron plays... and I think he can bring Cleveland up to the level of the Spurs and Pistons. I would LOVE to see Kobe leave the Lakers so that his new team, and the Lakers, both SUCK next year. I honestly can't wait to get a poster of the new Pistons... this is from a boy who grew up with TWO Pistons' posters on his wall (one was a poster of a Detroit Free Press headline "Bad Boys Again"... with Isiah Thomas holding the trophy in the locker room. The other poster I LOVED... had Microwave, Worm, Spider, Zeke, Joe D on it... with pictures of the players underneath their nickname. I used to stare at that poster just thinking about how great Detroit was... all my heros [yeah... even Rodman at the time]). Maybe I'm not from Detroit like SOME people >points to all the people from Detroit who I didn't know liked basketball<, but the Pistons are my BBall team... and I love this team that just won. They're great players, and they're great UNSELFISH players. Laura and I had a talk once (after the Wings lost) about whether or not I felt that my team was always superior and deserving of a win. At the time, I told her that I always felt like my teams were good, but that deserving was never a word I would use. Until now. These Pistons DESERVED this win... especially over a selfish juggernaut-of-a-team like the Lakers. Take THAT selfish-ego-centric NBA!
In other sports news...
Packers sign Couch... finally
After months of courting Tim Couch, former number one overall pick in the 1999 draft, the Packers finally signed him to back-up Brett Favre. The bad news: Couch is only signed for one season, which he most likely won't play, because Brett Favre is invincible. The good news: Good-bye Doug Pederson, the most useless back-up in the history of people backing up for other people. The better news: Cleveland gave up on Couch a few years ago, when Holcomb played so well... I think the new start is exactly what Tim needs. Besides... just think about how great the Packers are at raising Quarterbacks, I think Green Bay is just what Tim Couch needs to show everyone why he was the number one pick 6 season ago.

In other, awesome news, I fell down some stairs today at work today. My entire right forearm is scrapped and I hit my elbow and wrist pretty hard. Fun, huh? I'm totally awesome. And, speaking of me being awesome, I wore my "Feminist chicks dig me" shirt today. However, when Andrea saw it she simply said "Is that supposed to be ironic?" and I responded "yes... it is ironic" and she asked "How is it ironic?" to which, I had to explain the 'joke'. Any comedian knows, if you have to explain the joke, it's no longer funny. And she wouldn't drop the subject either, my explanation wasn't good enough... so I'm never wearing the shirt in this town again (basically). Thanks for ruining my fun, boss.
Speaking of ruining my fun... look at you. You're great. And scene. (huh?)

No comments: