Wednesday, October 29, 2003

CrazyJohn and the dream...
The dream starts out with me sitting in on my dad's class. But he's not teaching in a classroom, he's teaching in a high rise building... and he's only teaching two people (one male and one female). At one point in his lecture, he asks me my opinion and I mock him and both students laugh and so does he. Then the rest of the room started filling with people who were aparently about to start a meeting. Uh... yeah... that makes sense. And speaking of making sense... the next part of the dream WAY makes sense... as I notice that there are doughnuts and sweet rolls and muffins in the room. But most of them are for the meeting, so I go from one pile of yummy-ness to another, each time finding out that they're for the meeting instead of my dad's class.
So, because of the meeting, we had to leave the room... and as I was leaving, I realized that I was standing next to a guru in the field of tv... some exec guy... and I thought "well... maybe I could hit him up for some equipment for the Albion TV channel". So I started talking to him about how Albion didn't give their student run channel any money or equipment... and how hard "we" had to work to get cameras, moniters, and a space to film. So I guess he wanted to see what I meant, so we went down to the basement to someplace that looked like a cross between a dungon and a sewer. And his entourage and I walked through the damp, dungy sewerlike space and ended up outside. Upon walking outside, we saw a bunch of random college age people standing around in a heavily wooded area with all sorts of fallen leaves on the ground and it was all "fall colors" on the ground... yellow, some orange, hint of brown. So I walked up to these people and I was handed a video camera and asked to film. So I hold up the camera, and one of the people starts singing... so I focus the camera on them, and then another person starts singing, so I move the camera to focus on them... and then a group of people start singing and I'm having a tough time finding them, then I find them and I have a tough time focusing... and then the "video" is done. I hand the camera back and start walking around a hill. At one point I notice that I'm being followed... but I keep walking with my head down. Then I start walking on some bricks... and there are a couple steps down.... and then I realize that I'm about fifteen feet in the air, standing on the brick trim of someone's house. I am aided in this realization by the fact that the home owner is also standing on his trim fifteen feet in the air. Unfortunately, those guys following me have also found themselves on the trim, so there's no where for me to go. Then the homeowner shows us a small window we can sneak through... and we have to hold up menus with windows in them to get through the window... and the first guy went through with some difficulty and then it was my turn and...
My alarm went off. Which I'm happy about because I'm afraid of heights and I didn't want to have to get through that window... but I have to wonder if I died up there. Wait... no... I think I'm sitting on my floor watching Sportscenter. Either way... have a crazy day :)

No comments: