Monday, October 06, 2003

October 6, 2003
Gettin’ poop done…
I guess I can title today this. I guess. I called my cable company and am finally going to get cable and a cable modem Wednesday. I don’t even need cable to get national news talking about my city. The CBS news tonight had a piece on the Cubbies’ win.
By the way, can I say how much I hate the Hollywood Squares? Come on! It’s a game where they ask celebrities (who know nothing) stupid questions (that mean nothing) and where the point is to agree or disagree (most of the time disagree). I mean… what do these celebrities know besides terrible terrible jokes? Terrible Terrible Terrible jokes. Terrible jokes.
And, the whole point of game shows (as if you didn’t know) is to sit and yell at how stupid your fellow human beings can be. “Why go for the block when you could take Penn and Teller for the win?!?!” “Five dollars for Uncle Ben’s rice? Have you ever bought rice? Are you an idiot?!?” “Who is the Earl of Essex!!?? COME ON! Everyone knows that.” And this is why I hate game shows… that, and because if I ever did get on a game show (unless it was all about useless football trivia) I would totally freeze up like an idiot and people would be at home yelling at how stupid I am. And I don’t need that. If I wanted people to yell at me for being stupid, I’d go back home and talk to my parents. >rimshot<
On a brighter note, I walked all the way down to my Chicago River today… and all the way around all sorts of stuff, basically doing nothing besides freaking out young business women. You can’t help it, being a man today… if you are walking behind a woman and she knows you’re there, you are TOTALLY freaking her out. I could probably walk around with a smiley face balloon and a stuffed animal and I would still freak women out. “Where’s he going with that stuffed giraffe? I bet he just came from killing the giraffes at the zoo” is what they’ll all say to each other, between the Starbucks. Because they’re EVERYWHERE! I must have come across five or six Starbucks today. Do we REALLY need this much coffee? Is the demand this high, really? I guess Starbucks is less evil than the “Lo Cal Locale”… I saw it and almost shot myself in the head.
Lastly… I want to thank the guy who came and fixed my shower. As much as I liked the duct tape around the old one… I think the new shower head he installed is way better. I hope he’s having a crazy day :)

No comments: