Thursday, October 16, 2003

CrazyJohn on streetgames-
"That's an odd title," you say. "AH!!! Get outta my blog!" I respond. So here's something I've noticed in Chicago... if you're a woman, and you're walking by yourself, apparently a fun streetgame to play is "hold the cell phone up to my ear and pretend I'm talking." But... some of you ladies are really not good at it... and, if you're not going to try, please don't insult my intelligence. One woman, the other day, CLEARLY was not engaged in a conversation. She wasn't even really trying to make it look like it, either. She was like looking at the ground and half-heartedly holding the phone up to her ear... she didn't look distracted by the "conversation" in the least. I actually almost stopped her and said, "listen, lady.... at least ATTEMPT to make it look like you're on the phone, please! Come on!" But I didn't want her to mace me.

Top five most prevalent smells of downtown Chicago
5. Diesel Truck
4. Fudge (weird, huh?)
3. Sewage
2. Cigarette smoke
1. Coffee Beans (weird, huh?)

Finished my first week of classes at The Second City... and feel pretty good about it. I think I can hold my own... even in the writing "boot camp" class.
Not looking forward to the vibe in the city tomorrow as the Cubbies lost. That sucks... it was a good way for me to feel like a part of the city already. Now what do I have to talk to random people about? How about the Bears? I haven't seen sucking like that since my trip to Nevada.... (?) I mean, really.... the other teams in this city blow... almost as much as the wind in the city itself. Ironic, eh?
Poor Cubs fan guy. We've all been idiots before, but the whole town blames him for the loss (even me... that's right). He just reached for the ball out of instinct... what guy doesn't instinctively grab at balls? Wait... that didn't come out right.
Um... well... this is awkward. It's like that time we showed up to the dance wearing the same dress... and you refused to change. Well... I feel better, thanks.

No comments: